Sunday, January 17, 2016

Addition Progress!


I am *super* happy to report that a wall has been built in the addition to our home (separating what will be the living room and laundry room) and the drywall has been finished in the new living room! I am seriously just ecstatic!


My husband and our brother-in-love worked one evening earlier this week and then all afternoon yesterday (Saturday). There is also wiring run and a light hung in what will be the entryway/foyer area! In the photo above you can see the doorway into the living room from the entryway/foyer. From that entryway out there a wall will be built to the right with a door into the laundry room (which will also serve as a mud room and have a closet for shoes/coats etc.).


Above, you can see the doorway into the kitchen. There is so much done but still so far to go. I am too thrilled with the progress to be sad about how much we have left to do (finishing the laundry room and entry way, mudding sanding the ceilings and walls, painting, floors etc.).

I am so thankful for my husband and BIL. They are such great friends and work so well as a team. I know it helps Chris so much to have Dan there...and not only that, but it makes the work enjoyable when you are doing it with a friend!

Thanks so much for sharing in this journey with me. I was shocked at how different it all looked when they put up the wall...and then with all the drywall in there, even more so! Eek! I'm already letting the gears in my turn ~ pondering the paint color to use in there as well as what kind of curtains! :)

I have other pictures to share, from home and other things, but that'll have to wait for another day! I hope your week ahead is *just* great!

Warmly,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. So happy for your progress, Katy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! So exciting - - Happy for ya!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress is always exciting! I love following along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,

    Your addition is looking terrific. Because you are so creative and talented, I am looking forward to seeing your decor choices. Thanks for sharing the progress with us, your readers.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy