Tuesday, January 19, 2016

..::January Happenings::..


The cold and snow have finally hit us here in Western PA. I'm glad it held off as long as it did. Although snow can be pretty, I am not a fan of the massive cold. Sometimes I think I may turn into a popsicle as soon as I step outside the door! :)



Days have been full of homeschool, housework, exercise, reading, movies, music lessons, church, sticker making, time with family and appointments. Honestly, just the usual pretty much (along with progress in the addition that I posted about previously...although nothing has happened since the last I photographed). I can't wait until I am able to update again! :)


I had a comment in a previous post that asked about my oil lamps. We definitely have electric here...but I am a *huge* lover of oil lamp light, candles and the like! :) I light them often because I love the cozy feel it gives to my home. They are also wonderful to have when the power goes out!

Right at this moment, Chris and Madelyn are in the living room watching a cooking program (we don't have cable but use Netflix...it's much cheaper, no commercials and the children are permitted certain shows only!). Jaxson is at a drama practice for our homeschool co-op (he's a munchkin in the Wizard of Oz)! Xavier is down helping Pa with some things at the meat market. :)



Aren't these bill-paying stickers cute? I made them recently and they are for sale in my shop! (I didn't design the graphics...I purchased them)...


How I keep my planner and supplies neat and organized...


So that's what has been happening this month (sorry nothing overly exciting to share today)...along with the fact that I have lost 6 pounds in the past couple weeks (actually, 5.8lbs...but let's round up, shall we?)! Woohoo! I'm working hard to eat right and exercise....hoping that, along with my partner for the competition, we can win this weightloss competition that our YMCA does! :)

Glad you stopped by for a visit! I hope you will come back again!
Have a great rest of your week!
Stay warm friends!

Cheerfully,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. What a cozy beautiful but productive month you are having. Congrats on the weight loss. Have you ever shared your tips on eating? I may have missed it. Just curious if you ever shared how you ate or meals you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you Katy!
    it almost sounds strange that your children are off in different areas doing things, when they're small they are almost always together, but then they start to grow up, and spread their wings a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your planner stickers. Lots of snow here. I have lost the same amount so far this month. Beenx-country skiing daily. Feels good doesn't it? I noticed your face is much thinner. Good for you..hard eork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, its been a while since I stopped by for a visit. Your home looks as cozy as peaceful ever. Beautiful music too. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have finally got a new laptop, it is wonderful to catch up with your posts.
    I love candlelight too.
    We like you watch what our children watch on tv, the famous five is a hit at the moment.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cosy glow of candles, too. Your home always looks so welcoming, Katy. :) Yippee for the weight loss so far!! Good for you! I hope you win the competition. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cozy glow of an oil lamp too. I think your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy