Monday, January 11, 2016

Drywall is Going Up!


Chris built the addition to our house when I was pregnant with Xavier (who is now 12.5 years). The upstairs is our bedroom...with unfinished floors and no trim on the windows/door frames but it has served us well and those are things we will accomplish at some point! Due to finances, time, and just busy with *life* ~ the downstairs portion of the addition stood bare and served as a giant mud/storage room.


This year, for Christmas, I told Chris that all I wanted was for the addition to be completed. He has been working on it now whenever he can! :) Our brother in law came over and helped all afternoon Saturday! The drywall is up on the ceiling over the new living room and they got some up all the walls too! The half pictured is just what will be the *living room*.


Behind where I am taking the photos from will be the mudroom. A wall or two will be built (we still haven't decided between two different options of what we want to do! It's such a hard decision!) and then more drywall, mudding, painting, floors....oh my!


I am just so, so excited to see the progress! They have more done now than what I am showing in the photos (since I snapped these while they were still working). We are so thankful for our BIL's expertise and help! Plus, he and Chris are best buddies anyway (they were each *best man* in each other's wedding) so that makes it even better! Although not pictured, Xavier has been helping (and learning) some too (which he loves)!


What is our living room now will become a library type room. I will take the book shelves from the schoolroom and put them in there. Ultimately, I want the front room to be a real open porch...not an enclosed room. Once I can get our school stuff into what will be the "old" living room, that will free up the front room...time/money may not be in abundance to make it into the *real* porch that I want right away...but it will be a step in the right direction! :)

I am just *so*excited! Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my excitement with me. I'll be sure to share more photos as things progress!

Have a great start to your week!
Warmly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. The drywall in our garage is almost done and that makes me happy. Considering it is just a garage I can imagine how excited you are for more living space! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippeee!!!! SO happy for you! What a blessing to have a handy hubby and brother-in-law willing to do the work. It is going to be wonderful. Enjoy the journey. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Good for you guys? It's looking good. Did you all get your basement / cellar all repaired and closed in? Thanks for sharing with us Katy. Have a good week!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy!! I understand your anticipation. My five kids currently sleep in the same room and we have the hope of beginning a bedroom project this spring. A much awaiting project. There's always projects in an older house. Keeps things from getting boring around though, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for you. Like you I have been patient (16 years)and am told I will have the upstairs bathroom renovated. We sipped 7 layers of wallpaper and 9 layers of paint from the wooden trim, and there it sat, because we couldn't close the bathroom off with so many people needing to be in there. Guess we are solar showering this summer during reno's but really....I don't care! I bath in the cos trough if this gets done. So you see I am excited for your reno as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Katy , what an exciting and thoughtful gift! Im a new follower and look forward to visiting again. Blessings~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy,

    What a wonderful Christmas gift. I look forward to the progress photos AND photos of the finished room.

    Congratulations,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, looks like things are coming together nicely. Can't wait to see it finished. Chris is doing a good job and isn't it nice to have friends and family to help. Thanks for the post and the pictures. Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, looks like things are coming together nicely. Can't wait to see it finished. Chris is doing a good job and isn't it nice to have friends and family to help. Thanks for the post and the pictures. Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting times!! We added an addition a few years back .... so many neat memories are made around house improvements. Take lots of pictures :~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Yes it will be a wonderful Christmas gift that will last for a very long time! You always make all things very cozy and filled with your family, it will be great!
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy