Monday, December 28, 2015

A Little of Our Christmas

I didn't take any photos at home in the morning...it was nice just focusing on *us* and not taking pictures (for once in my life...haha!). Since we don't do a tree, stockings, decorations etc, it wasn't overly exciting or anything anyway...just a few simple gifts and time together was enjoyed! 

My parents had brunch and gifts awaiting us at their house...so after our time together in the morning, Chris, the children and I got ready and headed to their house. Since I don't *do* Christmas in the normal way, my mom fills the stockings for the children...


Jaxson, my Dr. Who fan, was excited to get a TARDIS lock box...





Chris got a dutch oven!


After a nice time with my parents, opening gifts and full bellies (french toast casserole and egg casserole...yum!)...we headed home...




I was in the car too! Here are my knees to prove it! Ha!


Christmas evening we had Chris's parents and brother over for supper. It was a nice time...I was busy with prep and such and didn't take any photos then either! Last night (Sunday) we had Christmas with Chris's family at his sister's house. The table all set...


Madelyn and a couple of my nephews...


That's Xavier there on the couch (below) to the left (leaning on his elbows). Goodness, my boy is growing! I feel like that picture makes him look so long and *old*! You know that saying about in motherhood the "days are long but the years are short"? It is *so* true! Although I am noticing that as my children get older, the days even seem to be getting shorter! Everything is just flying by much-too-quickly for this mama!


Jaxson and my niece...


Jaxson loves keys and volkswagens...so his cousin made him a VW sign out of keys!!





Yep...I was there! Although usually behind the camera...I was there, with my love...


We have Christmas with Chris's dad's side of the family on Tuesday evening of this week and with my dad's side of the family on Saturday! I teach spin tonight (subbing for another instructor) and then on Wed. night. I have a bible study I am attending this afternoon and things to do on Tuesday and Wednesday as well (not to mention all the normal housework/tasks/errands that need done)....I'm glad we are taking this week off from schooling! :) Busy, busy!

I hope you were able to enjoy time with loved ones. I pray you aren't just celebrating Christ on Christmas but each and every day. What a blessing His birth, life, death and resurrection were for us!

Thanks for visiting! I hope your week ahead is Christ-honoring and joy-filled! :)

Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. I didn't take many photos this year, either. It's nice to just soak in the moments sometimes, isn't it? It looks/sounds like you had a lovely time with family with more to come! It's so true that the days can be long (though as you mention, even they seem to be shortening up as well) and the years short...crazy how quickly it all goes. Enjoy these precious times with your children. Before long they will be bringing their own babies home to you! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy,

    I always love my visit to your blog. Looks like you all had a delightful time. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful week ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Katy,

    My oh My! What fun Christmas celebrations you all have been enjoying & still more to come!
    I love how you and Chris avoid all the "glitz & glam" of traditional Christmas decor. I'm sure it furthers the focus of Christ's sacrifice of coming to this fallen and sinful world, not as an earthly prince, but as a pauper born in a barn filled with livestock and wrapped in, not fine silks and linens, but torn pieces of cloth. Our Savior, the perfect example of humility and submission.
    Blessings to you and your lovely family as you continue to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and ring in a new year.

    In Christ,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW ..very sweet..
    so nice to see a young an happy family..
    :) hugs...Patty

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy