Monday, April 28, 2014

Jaxson's Art & My Knitting Finishes

 All three of my children enjoy drawing/coloring/creating (I think most children do). Jaxson seems to have a bit deeper of a love for it than the other two. He especially enjoys drawing things that he is fond of. Often he draws hobbit holes, hobbits and other things from the Lord of the Rings movies. Lately, we have been watching the Star Wars movies. He has begun drawing things from that now...


 I thought that was pretty well done (for an 8 year old)!


My parents bought him a book that teaches you how to draw dragons and other fun things like that. It shows you how to get the proportions right and all. This is what he came up with (I was quite impressed! This is definitely going into his homeschool portfolio!)....


Here are some of my recent knitting finishes...

A peacock (which Chris insists looks like a turkey)...


A hummingbird and flower...


Cherries...



What projects have you been working on lately?
Thanks for visiting!! :)

Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. I rearranged the furniture in my living room, does that count? :) I am actually working on the decor for a wedding this weekend. I'm in charge of table decor and flowers for the reception. That and finishing up our school year is taking most of my creativity these days!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy, I think those books for teaching yourself how to draw are amazing! It really helped my children, maybe I need to get me one one drawing flowers.
    I also think you should be really proud of those dish clothes. They are a work of art also! I wanted to tell you on that last post the picture of you and Dinah, that your hair looks just so lovely, natural curls!!
    Blessings Always! I just wanted you to know that on Wednesdays I am going to have a Link Up, please come join in if it's something you might like to do, or just come visit and maybe get a new idea for spring...
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just making some plain dishcloths and working in the bakery.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy