Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Rollerskating


Our church rented a nearby rollerskating rink for a couple hours this past Saturday. We were all soooo excited to go (and all the while wondering why we don't rollerskate more often as we love it!).

Madelyn had gone rollerskating once or twice when she was really little but this was the boys' first time. They were super excited!


I got my skates on too! I was quite proud that I didn't fall but once (when one of Jax's best buddies accidentally ran into me from behind). It took me a few minutes but soon, I was cruising around the rink!


Madelyn was falling before she left her seat! ;)


Starting out....


X...you're going the wrong way!


I think this is just before Jax took a tumble (oh my poor kids...they fell more than they actually skated)...


Everyone started out (for the most part) near the wall...trying to get their skate-legs on! (Although this doesn't look like many people...there were lots of us there....I only took a few pics at the beginning. Then I put my camera away to skate!)...


A friend with two of her little ones (isn't her daughter's hair absolutely beautiful???)...


Chris was quite the skate pro. He went round and round and had so much fun...


Before I tucked my camera back into my bag, I took one last photo. I wanted to make sure I had at least one picture of Chris and I together there. We had such a great time with our church family...laughing and skating! So much fun!


Have you been rollerskating lately? Do you love to rollerskate? Do tell!! :) 

Happy Tuesday!

Kindly,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I have not been roller skating in about 38 yrs. Looks like it was alot of fun. I am sure the kids were beyound tired when they got home for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Katy, We loved to take our children when they were little. I believe I will ice skate in Heaven, because it has always been a deep love of mine as a child. And my Mother and I shared this love. You and your Hubby look so happy!
    Blessings to you all! Rolling on the rink... Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father built a roller rink when I was a Sophomore in high school and I worked there every night. I met and married my husband at the rink and we raised 4 of our 5 children there. All of my children learned to skate at the age of 18 months! They literally lived on skates as we were open 25 hours a week. My mom sold the rink 8 years ago and we've went skating a few times since then.
    I have fond memories of tumbles, rug burns, sore bottoms, a few broken bones and blisters! It was a great experience. My children have good memories and for that, I'm thankful.
    It sounds like you had a great time!
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been skating in years! I use to skate almost every weekend as a kid. Megan's school went skating for a field trip last year. She loved it! Chuck lasted on skates for only a few minutes. He said falling hurt more then when he was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had fun roller skating! I cannot roller skate at all, and the last time I ice skated a few years ago, we were pond skating, and I fell and got a concussion and whiplash. That was enough fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! My terrific two went roller skating for the first time on Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy