Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Celebrating Resurrection Sunday with Family & Friends

"Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, 
not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." 
~ Martin Luther

Our Resurrection Sunday began early. We all rose before dawn to get ready for the sunrise service at our church. We spent the morning in worship, breakfast, fellowship and then more worship and learning during the regular service. 


After coming home to lunch, playing and naps...we then journeyed to Chris's sister's family's house for fishing, playing, baseball, food, and fellowship...


Madelyn...


Xavier, fishing with Petey-the-dog...


Chris did some fishing as well (and caught two!)...


Madelyn and Chris's Uncle Will fishing...





Jaxson wasn't in to fishing. He played with his best-buddy cousin, make-believe and all those fun things little boys play...


I was there too...really I was. But this is the only picture I have of me...


Xavier with Ma (Chris's mom) and Chris...



Bike riding...


Jaxson *loves* the trampoline...


Then it was time for baseball!


(You will start to notice I sure have a way of taking an awful lot of photos of my husband...especially when he is playing sports. He still makes me smile...a lot!)...














We are so, so thankful for the beautiful weather we were given that day (and Monday as well). Warmer temperatures, sunny skies and a slight breeze. It was wonderfully enjoyable! I pray your day was blessed and spent with your loved ones as well....with a spirit of gratitude for Christ's sacrifice for us (done willingly and intentionally for His sheep). :)

No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.
 I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. 
~ Jesus, John 10:18

Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week is blessed!
Warmly,
Katy


3 comments:

  1. What great pictures! It looks like your entire family enjoyed the day.

    Happy Easter!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend Easter Sunday! Worshipping, eating and hanging out with family! It doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like a great day with all your family.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy