Monday, April 21, 2014

What I am Reading ~ Spring 2014

 A Book
Emily Dickinson

He ate and drank the precious words, 
His spirit grew robust;
He knew no more that he was poor,
Nor that his frame was dust.
He danced along the dingy days,
And this bequest of wings
Was but a book. What liberty
A loosened spirit brings.



My latest reads (in addition to Scripture, of course) have been...



Unseen Realities: Heaven, Hell, Angels & Demons....




and Freedom and Boundaries: A Pastoral Primer on the Role of Women in the Church...



I highly recommend both books. Especially the Freedom and Boundaries by Kevin DeYoung. It is a great book on complementarianism, highlighting the value of women but our proper roles in the church. :)

"I believe in role distinctions for men and women not simply because it is right, but because I believe it is best."

"God's word is precious wisdom, a choice jewel, and sweet honey to our lips.His will is always right, always trustworthy and always good."

"...a complementarian view of gender roles should be embraced not only because it is biblical, but because it brings glory to God, blessing to the church, and the full, divinely ordained meaning and purpose to manhood and womanhood."

~ Kevin DeYoung, Freedom and Boundaries


Right now, I am reading: What Did Jesus Do? : A Call to Return to the Biblical Gospel. Ray Comfort has been gifted with evangelizing people and teaches us how to do it too. You may have watched his videos on youtube HERE.


Yesterday, at church, a sweet lady who also homeschools brought a bunch of curriculum for us other homeschool moms (most of the families at our church homeschool) to go through. She let us just take whatever we wanted! I went a little bonkers and got some great things! Although they are a little older, they will work wonderfully for us! *I just want to add that whenever I type the word homeschool, my computer tries to tell me it is a misspelled/unknown word! I suppose it should be two words...but they just seem like they should go together when describing home education...don't they?



What are *you* reading lately? Anything you recommend (although I have so many books to read through here, I really don't need to find any others...but I would still love to hear about what you are enjoying!)

I pray your celebration in Christ's resurrection was joy-filled and enjoyable.
Thanks for stopping by today! If you haven't seen it yet...HERE is my post from the weekend!

Kindly,
Katy

*Links in this post will benefit me if you click on them and order. Just a way I can help our family with a little extra! :)

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

2 comments:

  1. Top of the morning to you Dear Katy!!
    I am reading a few book myself, mostly devotionals, I have them all over the place. I have been taking the little bits of time to reread some of my favorites.
    Also, reading some older songs from my hymnals and humming ...
    I am also studying the Proverbs. I still miss homeschooling!
    Have a wonderful week, and I think those dish clothes are beautiful, you are well able to read and understand the patterns, I wish I had learned to be able to do that, while my Mother was still here with me!
    Thinking of you! Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were blessed with some great books.Have fun with them. I noticed you still have vision forum listed as a resource. You may want to delete that and update yourself on the damage caused by this organization.
    Thanks for all the nice info and pics you post.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy