Thursday, January 30, 2014

Saying Good-Bye to January



"It snowed and snowed, the whole world over,
Snow swept the world from end to end.
A candle burned on the table;
A candle burned."
-  Boris Pasternak, Dr. Zhivago 




Another month is gone...can you believe it? Much of our time during this cold winter month has been spent staying warm and tending the wood stove (going outside takes your breath away!)...these temperatures have been terribly low (in the negatives and the wind chill makes them so much worse!). The one fun thing that we experienced, though, were these snow rollers! They were all over fields and yards. My Father-in-Love called and had me come down to their shop to take pictures of the snow rollers on the farm! Unfortunately, I didn't take any close up (as the wind was whipping around...making it much too bitterly cold for me to walk out in the field for more pictures).


The children in a group hug with Pa (Chris's dad)...


Our mornings are filled with chores, homeschooling and...puppets...




The sunshine was just glorious when I took this photo...


Xavier practicing his banjo...


"The birds are gone, The ground is white,
The winds are wild, They chill and bite;  
The ground is thick with slush and sleet,  
And I barely feel my feet." 
-  Winter Poems
   

I am looking forward to February, Lord willing. I don't like to wish time away...but I must admit I am so happy when I realize we are another day closer to spring! I suppose I need to learn to appreciate each season for what it is. I *am* thankful that I can spend some more time knitting during these cold months...and that burning candles can make us feel so cozy! I also know that winter helps me really appreciate spring, summer and fall! ;) 

"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour." 
-  John Boswell

I hope you are staying warm friends! 
Always glad you stopped by! 
Warmly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

3 comments:

  1. lovely post, I think the cold has had all of us longing for spring, blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy - roger and I were talking about the weather just a few days ago. We were feeling a little cheated cause it hasn't really been cold not even cool. Our Christmas day was sunny and about 65 that is not usual we usually have fog and dreary looking days and rain. Yesterday and today have been almost 70 and bright sunshine.we seemed to have gone from hot summer to spring time essentially skipping winter:). Stay warm my friend. Doing this on my fun so will be short. Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been out visiting lately....good to visit you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy