Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Knitting, Baking, Playing, Schooling

When I have some free time, I spend it knitting. I have been making some dish cloths to replace my old ones and also a couple headbands for my Great Aunt Jo to keep her ears warm in this cold PA weather (she is from Florida!)...




Baking whole wheat bread for the family (from the Homestead Blessings cookbook)...



I don't eat it...but my family assures me it is delicious! If it tastes at all as good as it smelled while baking, then it must be great! :)


The boys enjoyed playing a game my aunt got them for Christmas! Don't mind their outfits....we homeschool so usually, it's a "wear-whatever-you-want" day here! ;)


 Madelyn's latest read (Jane Eyre)...


Schooling...


Jaxson has his own crazy way of dressing when we are at home...

Madelyn working on some knitting...
I got to visit with my sister and her girls yesterday. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. Hopefully my memory will just hold their cuteness in it for a long time! ;) We rearranged her living room furniture...but Devon and Cory aren't sure how much they like it. We'll see if it grows on them! 
This morning has been full...spin, breakfast, schooling, and housework....I will be babysitting my nephews for a bit this afternoon. More housework, knitting and maybe some errands followed by making supper later this afternoon and evening. Full, full days! :) 
Thanks for visiting today! I hope you are enjoying your days (full or not!). :) 
Warmly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. Grammar Police! Where=Wear (sorry, couldn't resist! hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy!

    We do have full days here too. We are only 44 days away from my daughter's wedding as well, school with the younger children, regular chores, wedding planning - purchasing dresses, suits, reception items, working on flowers with our friend who is doing them for us…soon the invitations will go out…joy in it all, even when it's tough going. God blesses us with what we need.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Have you started on the Trim Healthy Mama plan yet? I would love to know what you think of it! I am thinking of ordering the book as well but wanted to know your opinion first :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been doing it for a little while now and I definitely recommend the book!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha, we have 'dress how you want' days too. Well, okay. Everyday is DYW day! Why worry about it when you stay home and have no company?
    Life, school, cleaning all happen regardless of what you wear anyway.

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Katy, The bread looks really yummy! My Hubby and I have changed a few eating habits, we are cutting way back on the sugars. I love the knitting projects, you are really good!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love "wear whatever you want days" for my six homeschoolers as well.....so much less stress to get dressed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bread looks heavenly; how did Madelyne like the book, Jane Eyre? It is on my list of books to read this year.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bread looks marvelous. I can smell it from here!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy