Saturday, January 25, 2014

As the Snow Blows...

We are getting quite a lot of snow here in Western PA. For the most part, we have hunkered down indoors as much as possible (we have had to do a little wood splitting and stacking today though). I praise God for a warm home and a strong husband who splits all the wood for us! The children and I just stack it although that is no easy task! :)

I went to spin class this morning...but after traveling super slow on the roads, I felt the best thing to do was to stay home the rest of the day (which sounds quite lovely to me!). At the moment, the National Weather Service is saying that snow squalls are on their way and it sounds less than good. I pray people can be off the roads at this time! It always makes me so nervous when my dad and Chris have to go out and tow. 

Here are some things that have been happening around here lately....

It is much more enjoyable to fold clothes if you are watching Downton Abbey at the same time! ;)




A tidy kitchen...


The boys reading together...


Ruthie, laying at my feet while doing schooling the other day (she is such a good little buddy...love her!)...


Schoolwork...


Madelyn doing her computer work for school...


I am realizing that my children are often wearing hats and hoodies of some sort all the time. Our house stays between 67*-70* most of the time so it's not cold in here...I think they just enjoy wearing those things! ;)


Peaceful nighttime...


Making greek yogurt...


Breakfast...


Knitting (I am whipping these dish cloths up to replace the old ones I have! It's so much nicer to wash dishes with a new hand-knit dish cloth!)...


And now it's time to unwind. Supper is over and cleaned up (THM meatloaf, mashed cauliflower and salad)...and it's time to relax with my family. I will be heading to bed soon as I am an early-to-bed/early-to-rise gal! Plus, I am battling a small cold (very unusual for me to get one...I don't get sick much since I started spinning a year and a half ago!) and it makes it quite easy for me to enjoy hunkering down in the quilts and opening a good book! :)

I hope your days are going well. 
I always appreciate you stopping by. 

Warmly, 
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything.
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

4 comments:

  1. love seeing your posts!
    the children seem very intense in their work.
    very cute ruthers at your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy....how do you make your Greek yogurt? Thinking about trying to make it....looking for a healthy option.
    Thanks,
    Lisa from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the directions I followed Lisa: http://www.wholefoodmomonabudget.com/2013/09/how-to-make-greek-yogurt-in-crockpot.html

      Best of luck making it! :)

      Delete
  3. I love that dishcloth pattern, my favorite (and I am a grandmother, LOL!) I usually don't make mine as large as the original pattern, I prefer a smaller cloth, usually 34 stitches or so before the decrease. Anyway, to make a fun difference (especially for gift giving and because I love cute buttons) I've been adding small flat buttons, usually fruits or flowers, the ones that are machine washable in one of the corners. Adds a special touch that makes me smile :o) Blessings, Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy