Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Making Valentines

Our homeschool co-op does a valentine exchange on the class day closest to Valentine's Day. It's a fun chance for the children to get creative! I scoured pinterest looking for fun ideas and came across some cute ones! Madelyn decided she liked the mice valentines...so she made them and put them on a piece of "cheese" that says "You're so mice!"....




 The boys and I decided to do superhero lollipops for their valentines...

The front with their superhero masks...


And the back of their capes...



I think they had fun handing them out on our class day yesterday! It was an enjoyable day all around. I can't even describe the complete blessing of having like-minded Christian mamas (who homeschool their children) working together and spending time in fellowship. We are all different and unique...when I say "like-minded" I don't mean "in perfect agreement on every topic"...but rather each one of us sharing a faith in Christ, striving to raise our children to love Him. 

Such a gift those ladies are to me (and their children to my children). It causes me to reflect on God's faithfulness to my family these past few years. I have been pondering it so much lately and can see His hand in our lives. But this deep reflection I will save for another post. :) 

On to schooling, laundry, housework and knitting...
Good day, my friends! :)

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

5 comments:

  1. We don't have a co op, but, these would be fun to hand out at church.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    It's Snowing! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katy, I think the mice Valentines were really mice! Hope you have a wonderful evening. I love so many sister in Christ where they are like minded in so many ways! How exciting we only have six weeks of winter left....
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy