Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pleasant October


October has arrived here in Pennsylvania. Today has had me on my toes....exercising, homeschooling, housework, blogging at SOH, mowing, stacking wood, organizing, breaking up disagreements (between my children) and more!

Don't get me wrong, I am *not* complaining. I know I am blessed to live this full life that I have! What I would really love though is a nice little cat nap...but I know if I try, my mind will be swirling with other things I would like to accomplish for the day (or...there is always tomorrow, Lord willing!).


We still have a lot of green on the trees around us...but some of the trees are beginning to change into beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow.




The children have spent the morning doing their schoolwork...then the afternoon outside. They were raking leaves (of their own choice) and playing in their clubhouse. Watching them out in the leaves...as the breeze blew more leaves all around them was truly beautiful. Unfortunately, I was mowing at the time and didn't have my camera with me to capture it on film.

At this very moment, they are all in the living room playing legos (and singing). I love watching them use their imaginations! The things they come up with just amaze me! I feel like I am so un-creative compared to the fantastic things they build!


So, now I need to *run*...things to do (or, naps to take). I hope your first day of October is treating you well. :)

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything
~Paul Washer

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures ! Love the last picture so cute. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, I hope you have a lovely, colorful month of October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katy, I am so Blessed on this amazing day! I can feel His peace and Presence! Some days are just like that...
    I can see the Twin Peaks and nothing is blocking His majestic landscapes!
    Your living and doing for what really matters.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your pictures Katy. The gold coming through your windows is gorgeous. Cute picture of your kids and the AWESOME tree house. So cool! What a wonderful season of life. I know you're enjoying it. Can't believe your sister's baby girl is already walking at eight months! (: Enjoy the rest of the week.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall is so beautiful!! I was away for the weekend a it feels good to be home.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy