Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Slower Sort of Day


It's a lazy rainy Saturday. Sure, there are loads of things I could be getting done...but I just haven't felt overly motivated. I went to spin class this morning and am having pain in my left foot. Not discomfort but pain along the top from the bone under my big toe to the middle of my foot *on the top*. I couldn't spin this morning because of it and it really made me sad. I always love getting a really good workout in.

I must admit, I *have* done things today...just not with the normal go-get-em energy that I usually have. David Nevue is playing on Pandora right now...I have done dishes and folded clothes and played games with the children. Madelyn was dusting. Jaxson has been playing legos (you should just see the living room floor right now!) while Xavier went to help Pa with some things at the meat market. Chris is archery hunting. It's terribly wet outside, so I am content being *in*side!

Early Morning Bible Study

We had a terrible bit of excitement this morning, we had a tree limb fall (scared me immensely!) onto lines outside...amazingly we didn't lose electric or our phone connection! I took photos and will share that with you another day!


I *am* excited to share with you the latest addition to our home! My mother (such a generous and loving heart she has) bought this Ethan Allen desk (plus homemade top) for me at a resale shop! I just love it! It has so many amazing features! Not only is it beautiful but it has fantastic ways to utilize it for organization. As you can see in the picture below, my main planner is on the desk with a couple other planners of mine above it...


Also, notice that beautiful basket on the floor? Madelyn bought me that with her own money! I love it and it is perfect for a little waste paper basket!!!


A picture without the flash (I love the softness of the burning candle)...


Although I now have a dishwasher...I still wash many larger dishes (cast iron, wooden utensils, pots, pans and knives) by hand. Can I just tell you how much Mrs. Meyer's products make me LOVE cleaning? No, this isn't a sponsored post...it's just my own bit of raving over the wonderful smell of Mrs. Meyer's soaps and cleaners. I love the lavender and basil scents best...but I like a few of the others as well.) Do you use any of her products? I only ordered them when I could get free shipping...but now, a local grocery store is carrying them (at the same price) which is *fantastic*! 


And so I come to the end of this little post. I hope your weekend is going well and that you are able to enjoy it with those you love the most. :) I love hearing from you....please, tell me how you're doing! Enjoy your Lord's Day tomorrow!

Warmly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

6 comments:

  1. Katy, I hope you foot heals quickly, take care with it.
    I love the desk she bought you, so many cubbies & drawers.
    Your daughter is so kind to get the basket for you.
    It works wonderfully there!
    I always enjoy your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for healing for your foot! The desk is so lovely and the basket is perfect! I use Mrs. Meyers too....I love their Lemon Verbena and Orange Clove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful treasure your mom gave you...cut basket also..
    love and hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. The desk is beautiful, love your blog. Keep shining for our Lord and Saviour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy, I love your blog and check it almost everyday. I have never commented before how much I like what you share. I usually just enjoy. I wanted to say something today though because I noticed your hipster music account is flash playing a nude woman to advertise. It is sort of distracting :/. I feel strange bringing it up when I haven't been by to say how great everything is here all the rest of the time. Forgive me for that? I didn't know if you were aware of it. Bless you dear lady. And Please!! keep all the loveliness coming. Sara

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy