Friday, September 28, 2012

Kitchen Progress...



I have been doing some wallpapering...by myself. I have never hung wallpaper before. It went pretty well (after I got past the mishap with the first wallpaper I tried). I must say how truly thankful that the checked pattern I have made it easier to make nice, straight cuts.

I thought I would show you some of the *progress* photos. The dishwasher was just delivered today and is sitting in a box in our schoolroom right now. Tomorrow is my inlaws' fall festival so we are going to be busy tonight and tomorrow. We are still figuring out some other details about the counter and such as well....so hopefully it will be installed sometime next week. I will update when it is all finished too!


I know the wallpaper doesn't *really* go with the red and white of my kitchen...but it is **much** better than the drab plaster walls that have been there for years (after I took off wallpaper that had balloons on it ~ from the previous owners). It really does warm it up in there and I like it. I think once we have the dishwasher and new counter in...I think it will look nice. Obviously this isn't my dream kitchen at the moment...but it is what it is, for now. :)


Along with wallpapering, normal chores such as dish washing, laundry, sweeping, dusting and organizing, as well as schooling ~ I have kept busy with other things....knitting, reading and...

I did some bread-baking this week...


We watch my nephew for a few hours one day a week...it's so fun for him to come over and play with the children! He and Jaxson had a great time playing with the trains!



I will be super-duper busy this weekend because of the fall festival we are helping with (all day tomorrow). Remember previous years HERE and HERE? (I think this is our 8th year of doing it! Last year was the first time I had to miss it as I was super sick!) So, I will be posting about it all at the beginning of next week sometime! :) I hope you will come back to hear about it!!!

If you are local...stop by! We have over 30 vendors, meat specials, face painting, lots of food and much more! Lots of fun to be had...and I think the weather is planning to cooperate as well! Such a fun way to kick off the fall season!

Kindly,
Katy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Katy it is looking great, I laughed when you said it was not your dream kitchen, cause I know it is where we dream the most. Have fun at your festival. Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is coming along and looks great, Katy! You're going to love having a dishwasher! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job on the wallpaper. I know it isn't easy. The bread looks delisious! C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are keeping busy busy. First, Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I deeply appreciated your kind words. I stopped by this morning, but had to leave quickly because someone was ringing my door bell like crazy. Turns out it was a new neighbor's kid. I had to take care of it this time! Ugh! You have done a good job on the wallpapering. I love the color too. Be back to see your progress. Hope you all have a nice fall evening!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking good! The wallpaper seems so *you*!

    I remember your posting about the fall fest the last several years...what a fun day for your whole family, and a lot of work, I'm sure!

    Can't wait to see your photos!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~What a Beautiful Home you have!! I LOVE your kitchen. Thank you for providing a Positive blog to come to! And thank you for sharing all of your organizing tips, recipes, etc with everyone!! I was a very unhappy stay at home mom until I found your blog a couple of months ago, I have been reading your past posts and learning how to be more organized and more content with being at home!! Most of our family and friends work outside the home and don't understand why I want to stay at home, which has led to jealousy and miss understandings. I really do LOVE being at home, and have felt valadation from your blog that what I do is important, and that this is what I am meant to do!! ~God Bless You and Your Family~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the wall paper, hope all goes well with the festival, and the dish washer hook up. Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your wallpaper and kitchen look ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do love the wallpaper! I'm wanting to repaint my kitchen, but we haven't decided what color yet. Maybe a greyish blue. It's so fun to make your own home cozy and pretty! You are just going to love having a dishwasher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun at the festival!! Your kitchen loos nice in my opinion. Warm and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that wallpaper! Hmmmm... maybe I need to do a bit of papering around here. I have some wallpaper boarder left over from our last house that I really like.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy