Saturday, September 8, 2012

**Small Spaces of Home**


 A house that does not have one worn, comfy chair in it is soulless.
~May Sarton


Today I am just sharing some completely random photos from my home....just small spaces around about that make our place a warm, cozy place for us to be...





I put my fall wreath out already. I love autumn!








Putting racks into shelves really helps utilize space in cupboards...





And...just because I thought it would be clever ;) pictured below is a look at the bottom half of my kitchen...sort of a "toddler's eye view" (I know, it's completely *not* interesting...but I still thought it would be fun)!


It's raining today...It's just a little after 10am. Hopefully I am now *home* for the day. I have already been to Walmart (in the next town over) and back this morning. I needed to get a few things and thought I would go earlier rather than later! Now I have projects on my *to do* list that I would like to accomplish...I thought with the rain, it would put me in the mood to get things done indoors...unfortunately, it's actually making me want to take a nap! ;) Hopefully I will be able to get at least *some* of the things on my list accomplished!

Thanks for dropping by! Warm wishes for an enjoyable weekend!

Kindly,
 Katy

20 comments:

  1. I love pictures of your home! You're such a wonderful homekeeper!! :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your home. It always makes me smile and refreshes me. I love your sweet spirit. Bless you and pray you have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of your home. Your decorating is so pretty! Have a lovely weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Your home looks so warm and inviting!

    Kristin from NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to see what you've done with your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your home,it looks so cosy and well loved!!
    Your Autumn wreath is beautiful, Autumn is my favourite season.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Love to you all.
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Katy,

    Your home is so charming & cozy. Would you like to come out to Montana and help me decorate our old farmhouse?
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Mrs.B (the other one)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Love the shelf in the cupboard idea! Might be just what I need to get my mugs in order.

    I hope your weekend has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So enjoyed your photos of your home. The light in them is so amazing! Your place look like somewhere I'd like to visit; it's so comfortable and neat looking. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I am so glad I found you again! I used to read your blog all the time, and then, we got rid of our old computer and got a new one. Since then, I havent been able to remember the name of your blog! Funny thing is, I remembered your name, and even your husbands name, but not the blog name! :) Your blog and family is still as lovely as ever! And great job on your weight loss and new healthier living choices! I am on the same path! Just beginning though...only lost 5 pounds so far. You gave me some inspiration as I read your update this morning.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy,

    Where did you get those racks for your cupboard at? I think those would work perfectly in ours to help organize things a bit more.. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous that you're already ready for fall :) And you had me at the basket with the folded blankets in them (at least that's what I think they were).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your pictures, how old is your home? best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. you reminded me that i need to get my fall decorations out... but i have to move a bed to get to them. ehhhh... not sure if i want to do that... but maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy! You have a claw foot tub? Oh my how I want one. I'm looking forward to the day I can trade in my jacuzzi for a claw foot tub! :) It's been a long time desire of mine!

    :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pictures are just delicious! I love Autumn too - - it's my favorite season. I've been visiting but hadn't left a comment in a while. Just wanted to say "hello!" and glad that you and your family are doing well. (:

    Smiles and well wishes sent your way!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love how your home is so inviting. It's one of my personal goals to have a warm cozy home! Thanks for providing constant inspiration!
    Kyle Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy