Monday, September 24, 2012

Ready to Cry...

It's a stress-filled day for me...and to be completely honest, it's my own fault. I am sure most people feel this way too...but when my home is in disarray, I feel terribly anxious and flustered. If I had acted in a wise way, I would have waited for Chris to get home before I started all this...but, as usual, I got in way over my head. You may be curious what has me so upset...? The next picture will give you an idea!


Saturday, Chris and I purchased THIS dishwasher at Lowe's. I am overly excited about getting it put in. It will be delivered on Friday. To get ready, I moved the fridge out of the way (and it is hooked up to a water line for the ice machine that I am not sure how to disconnect properly)....so I can't move the fridge to it's *new* home (which is in the place of the food shelf/cabinet that I have). I had horrible wallpaper to get off from behind it though...so I moved the fridge out of the way and started scraping wallpaper. I was trying to be careful that I wasn't tripping on cords and such...while doing the tedious task of wallpaper stripping. My children, how I *do* love them, were curious, asking questions and picking on one another. This made my head spin even more. 

Now I have the wallpaper off...so I began sealing/priming the walls for new wallpaper. The fridge being in the road is *very* inconvenient and is truly getting on my nerves. I *should* have waited for Chris to get home so I wasn't trying to do things in such a disorganized fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sort of way (....which is totally NOT me, I am the planner/scheduler type). I am tense and befuddled right now...which is why I decided to take a break and make a post. I am sorry you are all having to hear my frustrations. It's mostly frustration with myself, though. I wish I would just be patient. There's just much that has to be done before the dishwasher will be able to work. Plus, I have to find a new, organized place to store some of our food items. 


I think a nap or a bit of time snuggled in one of those big, comfy chairs in the living room with a fleece blanket (as temps are quite chilly here today) would be just what I need about now!

Before I go, on a happier note, I wanted to share a few photos from our recent visit with my sister and Eloise!

Xavier on his tow-trike...


Madelyn and El....


The Squeezle, in all her cuteness!


My eleven year old with her cousin (it is so hard to believe that Madelyn used to be the size of Eloise 10 years ago!)...


Thank you for all the anniversary wishes on my previous post...we truly appreciate them!
Thanks, also, for stopping by and dealing with my whining...I look forward to when I can show photos of my kitchen with it's dishwasher all set up and ready to go!

Kindly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. Blessings to you dear, I know how you feel. It will be alright. It's only temporary.

    It will be so nice to get your dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy you are going to just love your dishwasher, i took two years umming and arring. The dishwasher uses much less water than doing the dishes by hand, also everything gets sterilised.
    We all have days where our chores test us which can become stressful,wishing you a lovely day for tomorrow.I can not wait to see your photos of your lovely kitchen with your dishwasher installed. Best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. I had the urge to change around my kitchen one day. What a mess! And I was lifting cupboards that were way to heavy for me, shuffling them around and they eventually didn't fit where I wanted them to go so I had to move everything back where it was! I was very annoyed with myself.
    The positive side was that everything got dusted and polished.
    Take heart Katy as it happens to all of us. I'm sure you will love your new dishwasher.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy do I know how you feel. It will all get back together just right and then you will laugh in hindsight. I have likened my next few months to going to a Buffet, overloading my plate, and now I have to eat it all. Way too busy. We have started homeschooling 4 of the 5 children (littlest is only 3) and in the last 5 weeks we have only spent 2 entire days at home. Crazy. I got to excited and we signed up for EVERYTHING because we would have so much "free time" aaahhh!! January can't come soon enough. I am notorious for getting in over my head, but I figure it's better to shoot for something and make some progress than nothing at all.
    LOOOOOVE your blog as always. You are a blessing to me. I love PA too :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to admit it, but I have been there! Some days I think I can hurry (ha!) and get this done and Chuck won't have to. It ends up with my being frustrated and the job unfinished. Then Chuck not only had to do finish it, but he has to put up with a wife that is frustrated. I'd like to say I learn my lesson....

    Hang in there it will all come together soon. Can't wait to see the wallpaper you picked out for the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And oh ya, I totally re did all of my glass storage jars in the pantry just like yours with the chalkboard writing. I love it, but my sons are like "Mom, you don't have to write "popcorn" or "rice" or "sugar" on a glass jar, we can SEE what it is" LOL!! Boys just don't understand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we have all been there, here's hoping tomorrow will be better. One thing I do, to help relax is pull up soothing music like your side player, and listen. The calming music helps me greatly, and I love the serenity of no lyrics. Sometimes just the thing I need to help me relax even when I am busy, I listen. Love the children's pictures. Bless you with the new helper coming to your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across your blog via the hickory holler farm blog and I love it. I was looking through your book list and I believe we have a common bond, Tozer. A friend at church got me started reading his books, I haven't read Gods pursuit of man yet but it is on my list. Love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope things are much better today..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear Katy!

    I am a fly by the seat of her pants type, and I would have done exactly what you did!

    Take a deep breath. Relax. Just think of how wonderful it is that you got that wall paper off and the wall primed! You are a head of where you would be if you had waited for Chris!

    It will all be fine...and look wonderful!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes yes I can relate! I think everyone who is honest can:) hope everything is back to normal for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following your blog for awhile now and just LOVE it!!! I'm also a SAHM to a beautiful (very -active) 3 1/2 year old little boy named Joey. I just want to tell you what an inspiration you are to me....:)))

    May God bless you and your family always....
    Jodi from Northeast Ohio

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy