Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Treasury of Simple Moments....

"Life brings simple pleasures to us every day. It is up to us to make them wonderful memories."
~ Cathy Allen

I have tried journaling many times. I start out strong and good for days...weeks..even a few months..and then I realize that I have sooo much to say and no energy to write it. My hand gets cramped from writing too much and sometimes trying to put into words what I am feeling and thinking is plain old *work*. And normally...I am busy enough and don't want to add on another thing that feels tedious. I wanted something I could actually enjoy.

Last year....while reading Jewels' blog (oh how I enjoy her blog...) I came across THESE posts about simple journaling that she does. I thought that was such a wonderful idea!!! She also uses hers as a sort of planner/to do reminder list as well...but I have my planner for that mostly...so I just record what we have done during the day or what I hope to do during the day....verses and thoughts and quotes that encourage me....what the weather is like for the day....etc.

These are all just a few pages I have taken pictures of...but there are many! :) I look forward to jotting things down through the day when they come to mind! Plus...I include pics from magazines that I just love to look at! :)

I hope to be able to look back one day and recall simple and "not so exciting" moments in my life. I want to treasure them in my heart. For each and every moment...be it simple and ordinary and busy and exciting...is a gift from God. I also hope that one day...my children will enjoy looking back and seeing what we did when they were young...and sharing my treasured recorded moments as well!

Do you journal? If so....how do you enjoy doing it? Do you like to jot simple things down at times...or are you more of a writer? I would love to hear about it if you wish to share with me! :)
I posted HERE about when I first started this memory journaling. :) Thanks for coming by! I know days are busy and full....I appreciate you setting aside the time to visit with me...even though it is by way of the internet! ;) I hope you enjoy the rest of your week, friends! :)

21 comments:

  1. I love your journal Katy! I love the pictures in it that is a wonderful way to journal!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! Have a wonderful week!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your journal ideas.
    Yep i journal but i just write and trying to find anther way to do it cause my hands gets tired realy easy . but you just gave me a idea doing it that way looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, I have kept a journal since I was 12. I don't write as frequently now as I did when I was younger, but I still write. My blog seems to be my journal now, too. I love to write--at the end of the day--it always makes me feel better to write feelings and the days events. Have a great week!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your journal, Katy. I need to do it. I have another blog friend who keeps one for each of her children and I love that idea as well. I only wish I had started when the first one was a wee lad.
    By the way...where do you find the blank page notebook??
    Hope you are having a beautiful Fall...
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a lovely journal, love how you put pics in it..
    Have a lovely Wednesday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea.......sort of like scrapbook journaling. I have a friend who does something similar but it's a quote book .any great quotes she comes across she does the pages like you have done yours, with writing tilted, and fancy and scrolls and swirls along the way. Very impressive journal you have. Thanks so much for sharing, blessings Sandra nz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful Katy, I love all the wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great idea! I love it and am encouraged that I now have something to do with all of those magazine and catalog clippings I have sitting in an envelop!

    I have also been enjoying your site so much-
    Melissa - another PA mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your journal is adorable. The thing I like about handwritten journals is generations to come will be able to see your handwriting and feel a personal connection to it. Typing just isn't the same. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elise--I have found that the best thing to use is a Drawing/Sketching Book... the pages are usually thicker. You can find them at art or craft stores... but I also believe Walmart carries them.

    I started doing a Journal like that on things I am Thankful for... to keep my spirits up. I also use a regular journal to write things in about life and the world--crazy politics. I am not as constant as I'd like to be... But I'm trying! I'm sure the kids will like looking back on it when they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute blog you have! I am stopping over from Chickens in the Rooad. If you have time come on over for a visit..www.the3cluters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it and do have one simalar but I haven't touched it in sometime, I need to get back in the swing of it. I also have a prayer journal which is powerful to look back on. Your pretty journal will be such a keepsake one day. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy... for your blog friends to think about: I'm Katy's mom and when my girls were young, I encouraged them to journal (a thing I've always aspired to do but never seemed to consistently make the time to keep up with) by promising them that I'd take them to pick out and buy a new journal every time they filled one up. That gave them incentive to write and they really filled up quite a few (sometimes by writing BIG! LOL!). I'd like to think it helped to establish an enjoyment of journaling, even though I understand a shortage in time as you get older. Katy, I'm glad you continue and the same with Devon! I also kept a journal for each of the girls from the time I found out I was pregnant with them until their first birthday... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's an awesome way to journal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember you mentioning this to me a long long time ago.
    I'd love to do it too. Cut pictures out of all the magazines and catalogs I get and sort of make a 'wish list' or something. :) I do write small journal like things in my planner. "Went to CEC, Kate lost a tooth" But your way is so much more fun and creative.
    As you've probably read on my blog my family is sick with H1N1 (fever and coughing). :( I'm taking care of everyone since I'm not sick, and still trying to manage to keep up the house, care for the chickens, and do my schooling. Just was taking a moment to read your blog. Have a good day Katybear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Jewel's blog! I always feel so serene after reading her posts. I remember well when she first showed her journals. She has inspired many people to do the same. No I don't really keep a journal - at least I don't really update it like I probably should.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your journal!!! I started a similar one and I've so enjoyed it. Who knew that something so simple could bring so much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katy, I have started out the first of the year writing something every day but that ends soon. I have diaries that my grandmother kept every day for years. They are so interesting. We know the weather for that day, what she did, who came to visit, etc. Grandmother has been dead since 1962 but I still take out these diaries and relive the days with her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your journal. It's fabulous, and I'm so inspired now to keep one.
    Blessings, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am doing this toooooo...and enjoying it so much..I have a ton of pictures saved and have used some stickers and even some stamping...this is so easy and really no rules...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy