Friday, October 9, 2009

Reason # 3,427 Why We Homeschool....

.....Picnics on a gorgeous Autumn weekday in October!!!

It was a beautiful day, earlier this week and Madelyn asked if her and the boys could have a picnic with lunch. Their schooling was done...so I agreed. We got out the picnic basket and I packed it with peanut butter sandwiches, crackers, a dessert and ice water! Madelyn took a large table cloth out and layed it in the front yard and then carried the basket out for her and her brothers!

She made the boys take off their shoes. This was a *no shoes allowed* type of picnic! ;)



Peanut butter sandwiches, to my kiddos, are a delicacy! They love them! *They are so easy to please!;)


If you notice...they layed big rocks on the corners of the table cloth to make sure it didn't blow away ;).

See ya later Alligator! ;)

After their picnic...the kids played away the afternoon outside! Playing cars, riding bikes and scooters, swinging and playing in dirt keeps them busy! Isn't that what childhood is about? It makes me sad to think that some children have lost this idea of fun and choose, rather, to play video games excessively. There is just so much playing that can be done! :)

Our schooling is done for today. My aunt has invited me to lunch today! Such a *treat*! The boys are going to *work* at the garage with my dad and my mom...and Madelyn is going to *hang out* with my aunt's 18 yr old daughter *and my cousin, no less!*, Molly. Madelyn loves Molly! They will have a nice time and I am looking forward to adult conversation and a fun meal out! :)
We will get ready to leave soon so I better finish getting ready! Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have an enjoyable day and weekend ahead!

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

~Psalm 139: 13-14


10 comments:

  1. Just popped over for a first visit. I so want to visit Penns. someday. Enjoyed reading--precious little ones!

    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting your letter in the mail today. Well hopefully..it's raining cats and dogs.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to end a day of schooling!
    I commend you for being such a great mom and teacher...Your kids are always so happy!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable picnic!!
    Blessings to you all, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!!
    All 3 of my daughters home school and they too like the freedom it gives their kids.. and its amazing how much more the kids actually learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peanut Butter sandwiches are delicious! :)
    Great picnic!!

    I totally agree about vido games...my kids fortunately never got into those...

    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are just so precious! Hope you had a great lunch for your Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are so sweet having a picnic together. Precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. You have the loveliest smile! Nice to 'meet' you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. peanut butter sandwiches ARE a delicacy! *lol*

    We go through a pound of peanut butter each week.. my daughter won't eat anything else on her bread - ever!

    I think Dutch and American peanut butter aren't really the same though.. ours is 93% peanuts and just a little oil to smooth it out.. no added sugar/fat, so I'm happy as it's a healthy choice!

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy