Wednesday, October 28, 2009

School Days of October

Many people say, when they comment, that they love to see pics and hear of the kids' school days! So I wanted to share some of that with you today! :) *Yes, Xavier has a little mohawk....compliments of his daddy and the clippers...hehe ;) *

Xavier just started on lesson 9 of the Kgarten My Father's World Curriculum. (Each lesson is broken down into 6 days). We are now talking about the letter O and the sound it makes and how to blend it with other letters he has learned to make words. :) We are talking about Octopuses and Oceans...and how God created them too! :)

Madelyn is still working with her lessons with the Abeka 2nd grade curriculum. It is going well. Daily she does Letters and Sounds, Language, Cursive Writing, Math and reads from her Bible Reader. Then on different days throughout the week she does Spelling, Health, Science, and American History and also reads from other readers. :)

Jaxson will work on letters with us...and participate in discussions and sing songs with us...but he also just does some of his *own* thing too! :)

And after schooling....there's always time to play army men, right? ;)

If you have any questions about homeschooling in general....or about our particular methods, organization or curriculum we use....please feel free to ask. If I get more questions than can be answered individually in the comments or through email...or if I get repeat questions...I will maybe make a Q and A post about it (all your questions answered by me)....if anyone is interested. :) I am not perfect and don't know all the answers to things....but I know when I first started homeschooling a couple years ago...I was so nervous and had no clue what I was doing. I also love to hear how others organize and plan...and methods they use for things! :) So if anyone is interested in *our* ways...I am more than happy to share!

Before I go...I just want to mention that Madelyn had to have an *extra* tooth pulled yesterday...and she did super well! :) Praise God! For all good things come from Him!

Thanks for coming by and visiting with me. I hope you are having an enjoyable week!!! :)

9 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I used your receipe for pretzels over the week-end. My family loved them. They weren't as pretty as your but they thought they tasted great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy you are perfect..you are perfectly YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you all enjoyed it Beth!!! :)

    Mya...I am definitely me...haha...but *all* and *any* goodness in me comes from God! :) thanks for stopping by and visitin' me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy I am so happy that hoemschooling has worked out wonderfully for you and your kids! I do remember how scared and nervous you were and I knew you would be terrific at it!! God is so Good!! Have a wonderful day!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, my son is enrolled in Kindergarten at a private christian school and they use the Abeka program. We love it. He only has 4 in his class and he is doing so well! He is also blending at school right now but we have been working with him at home as well and he is already reading! Our 3 year old is learning to blend also and can write most of his letters. He loves doing "school" at home with his older brother.

    I really enjoyed your homeschooling post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Xavier's mohawk!!! I wanna do that to Gabriel sooo bad.. but I don't think Jay would like that too much! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your schoolroom is so neat. I am sure the children enjoy learning. I like Xavier's haircut--he looks so cute. So glad that Madeline's tooth came out okay.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Kathy! I get so frustrated some times just trying to get homework done...nope...I don't want to be his teacher. Bless your heart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina~Peaceful View AcresOctober 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM

    Katy,

    HI! I've been following your blog for the past year now. I really enjoy reading your blog daily.

    I am so happy you choose to homeschool your children. I believe every Christian should homeschool their child/children.

    We have been homeschooling for the past 5 years now. It is a sacrifice but worth every bit.Our daughter used ABeka when she was in K-1st at a private school. Now, only her spelling is from ABeka.

    God bless,
    Tina
    www.peacefulviewacres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy