Monday, October 12, 2009

Contentment ....

is not the fulfillment of what you want,
but the realization of what you already have.
~Unknown

My sweet pup, Ruthie, is a super content lil girl. :) Her and I are *very* good buddies. She follows me wherever I go. She absolutely loves me (yay!)...and is happy just being near me. If I am up on my computer in my bedroom...she is on the bed, resting, or under my feet at the desk. If I am in the kitchen...she is laying in the dining room watching me. When I am in the living room...she lays at my feet or on the couch near me. When I am in the school room...she lays under my desk at my feet. And when I go outside...Oh goodness...if I go outside without her...she sits at the door and cries and cries till she is able to be out with me. It is so incredibly sweet and I just adore her.
Ruthie has no want or need in the world as long as she is near me. I say her name...and she perks up...ready to go or do whatever I say.....isn't that how we should be with our Savior? Now...I know we aren't all dogs ;) ...but shouldn't we just all be striving to be *near* Him..and when we are...be content with our lives? For He gives us *everything* we need. Shouldn't we all be listening to Him and when He calls us...be ready and willing to do just as He says? We have all we need in Him...our Creator, Our Abba, Our Savior, Our Best Friend.

"I have come that they may have life and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep."
~John 10:10-11


"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful: ~Hebrews 10:23


"Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care."
~Psalm 95:6-7


"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His names sake."
~Psalm 23:1-3



I get excited over, what most people would consider, *very* little things. I find enjoyment out of even the tiniest of blessings. I truly think that that makes for a more joyful life! A week or two ago....my sister and I had gone to a craft show....it wasn't all that exciting...plus it was quite chilly out...so we stopped for some lunch and then went to a little mall in the area. While looking around in Kmart...my favorite section is the clearance shelves. :) Oh what deals I found! I have wanted a small lamp for on my computer desk for a while...but usually, between the cost of the lamp and the lamp shade...I could never find one that looked right and fit my budget. Well...that day I found the super cute lamp pictured above. The lamp was marked down to $3 and the shade (which was originally $16) was marked down to $3.50! And there is not a thing wrong with either item!! I was thrilled! It works perfectly on my desk! :)

I had knitted a baby doll hat for Madelyn's baby (whom she named "Kate"). Madelyn is working on knitting a matching scarf for her baby as well! :) She was so excited that I would take her picture with her baby. :)

My aunt took me out to lunch this past Friday. We got salads and had a really nice conversation! I really enjoyed it! *Sent her a thank you in the mail today!* While we were out...we stopped really quick at a local shoppe. It had this doll house for sale at a great price. (This is the store that I bought my dining room table at as well....they have wonderful prices!) I have always wanted a doll house for Madelyn...and thought this would be great!

Over time, we will get furniture and people...make curtains and decorations and have fun with it!! Madelyn was absolutely thrilled! She has already put a few knick knacks of her own in there...she was just so anxious to have *something* in her house! ;)

I hope you had a lovely weekend and wish you a warm week ahead! Our woodburner is keepin' our house nice and cozy during these chilly fall days! Having candles lit keeps things feeling and smelling nice too! :) Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verses shared.
    I love how the Lord used RUTHIE to speak to you Katy!

    Madelyns doll house is incredible!
    Yall will have so much fun deckin it out!

    You're such a good Mommy.
    AND FRIEND!
    love ya Katy!
    Blessings to you and your beautiful FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dollhouse. I just bought my daughter one for C-mas. I can't wait to play with it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is so cute & the doll house is awesome!!! I am thinking about making one for grace for christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the dollhouse. It's beautiful! You're lucky to find that. Ruthie look cute. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mad looks so old in that pic!! Getting big!! The Dollhouse will be a lot of fun!!

    -nen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, Katy! I wish I had your cool, fall days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute dollie hat! And super fun doll house what a blast that will be! Im needed some help over on my blog swing by when you can and give me some ideas please! Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your post soooo very much !! Such sweet inspiration .....God Bless you and your beautiful family...Gosh, I just wish I could hug you....LOL...:)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely post...Your doggie is so cute...I love the hat you made for the dolly..I am trying to learn how to knit in the round..I have always wanted to learn how to knit baby hats, i think they are so cute..
    I just know your baby loves her doll house, so cute..
    I just love your blog..Youre such a good soul..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really needed to read that post today! thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an adorable dollhouse! You'll have so much fun working on it together!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy