Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Cure to an Empty Stomach!

Yesterday was an amazingly quiet day for me for the most part! Jaxson was *working* with his grammie and pop pop at my dad's garage. Madelyn, Xavier and I worked on schooling and afterwards, they asked if they could call down to my inlaws' meat market and *help* down there for the day. Chris works at the meat market on Wednesday's...so after warning the kids that daddy may say "no"...I called. He and his mom had already talked about it and said it would be fine! The kids all have fun and it is a great learning experience for them! So...I drove the kids to the meat market.

I got home and it was just soooo quiet! I lit a candle and sat and knit for a bit. Then I did some housework and washed some eggs...then knit some more! ha! ;) Since I was planning on having spaghetti and meat sauce for supper....I decided some homemade bread would taste good with it! So I started making the bread.

*It turned out yummy!*

Then I thought that a dessert would be nice too.....so I found THIS recipe for peanut butter bars and tried it! Oh my goodness....it is a delicious recipe! I totally recommend it!! yum!


Then I thought: 'wouldn't it be nice to invite my mother in law and father in law over for supper too?'....so I called the meat market and they accepted my invitation! :) Once the kids got home...as I was busy finishing supper...X ran upstairs and changed into 'dress clothes'. He even put on his church shoes! He wanted to look *nice* for supper! ;) I thought it was so completely sweet. He even clipped on a lil tie! ;)


Once X got his picture taken...the other two wanted their's taken as well...and as I was taking it...Jaxson leaned over and planted a sweet kiss on Madelyn's cheek! ;)

So once everyone got here...we enjoyed a good and very *filling* meal. Afterwards, Madelyn had KICS (Kids In Christ's Service) at church...so Chris's mom offered to drop her off at the church on her way home. While I cleaned up supper...I heard Chris reading to the boys from their Egermeier's Bible Story Book. I love moments like that! It made me smile and as I washed dishes, I thanked God for my husband and his heart.

It was an enjoyable day! I was thankful for the time to have quiet and knit and get things done...but also just as thankful when the kids got home and their chatter filled the air! It makes my home *alive*!
Normally...we would have started school by now this morning (it is 8:22am EST here)...but after their breakfast...the kids went upstairs and were playing so well together that it be best to leave them alone a bit and let them play. We will start our schooling for the day, soon, though. :) It looks like a beautiful fall day here...the skies are blue and the sun is shining...so I know I have three little ones that will want to bundle up and hurry out to play later...so I know schooling won't be held off too long this morning! :)
I hope you all are enjoying your week! Thanks for visiting! :)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day and your bread looks wonderful! Love the tie with the jeans:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day!!! That bread looks awesome..I may have to bake some today!!!
    :) Your kiddies are too cute!!! Love the tie!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand day! Everything looks so yummy! I am wanting to find a recipe for wheat bread. Yours looks so delish it makes me want to hurry up and find a good recipe! The weather looks so pretty here today too! Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    What a lovely day :) It's the simple things...if we don't appreciate them, then we don't really appreciate the bigger things. I get so much joy out of taking care of my family, just like you, even the boring tasks make me happy because I know I'm not just doing it for ME :)

    I don't know if you saw it on Facebook, but I made Peanut butter bars, too thanks to your post! LOL Mine don't look as pretty. I was trying to do too much at once and left the chocolate sit a little longer than I should have so it went on kind of lumpy. Tastes good, though :)

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so sweet. :) Glad you had some Katy time.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy~ Another wonderfully written post. Oh how I wish I had such a heart for my home and family as you do. You inspire me so much and actually motivate me to do things in my own home.Your bread looks so yummy!! I bet your husband feels blessed to have such a wonderful cook for a wife.
    Have a great Thursday...
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have trouble with bread. You are a brave, diligent soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bread looks wonderful and a LOT like the recipe I use.
    I love your splatterware plates!
    Your daughter really looks like u in that picture.
    I kwym about having peace and quiet, but then are just as glad when the kiddos come home!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely day you and your family had. All of your food looks delicious! And your kiddos....are so gosh darn cute! =) I loved how your son went and put his nice clothes on. That was so sweet.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy