Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Fest

Good morning!!! Another brisk, fall day here in Pennsylvania! I've been up since 5 or so....reading in Galatians in the Bible and then watching some Fox and Friends. I think I may hang some clothes out soon! This morning, when I went out to feed and water the chickens, I found someone had left the lid on the chicken feed tub a bit off. When I lifted the lid and grabbed the scoop....guess what I saw!? A mouse...and oh my was it *cute*! It was a baby and absolutely adorable! I know...mice are icky and annoying little creatures...but oh how I wish I had had my camera with me. This lil guy was adorable! Chris was checking the wood burner before he left for work and I called him over. He was going to kill the little guy...but I just couldn't bear the thought. (Now if it had been a grown up mouse...I think I could have handled it....but this was a *baaabbbyyy*!) So....my sweet Christopher obliged me and scooped the little guy out of the bin and after letting me look at it and oooh and aaaah...he put it on the ground. The mouse hurriedly scampered to the nearest hole that goes under the shed and was gone. :) I just hope I don't see that *little* guy, when he turns into a *big* guy, in my house!

Saturday afternoon, Chris, his mom, the kids and I went to a local farm that was having a "Pumpkin Fest". I got some pictures....and yes, in the pics above the kids are eating icecream! What is a fall festival without some *yummy* icecream? I had pumpkin icecream, myself. It was deeeelicious! :)

The kids played in a hay maze. They also had a corn maze that was harder...but we didn't all go through that. The kids had fun in this *mini* maze though! :)

They each went through it a few times! :)

They also had some games for the kids to play....like sack toss and pumpkin bowling....


I found a pumpkin stained glass there and also got a couple homemade candles! :) We all left with sweet thoughts as we ate our sugar cookies and pumpkin gobs we bought there too! It was a nice time! Later that evening...we all went to my nephew's joint birthday party at Chris's sister's house.
Sunday was sunday school and church followed by a lunch of homemade egg salad sandwiches and homemade fries. It took me a while to get it all done...we didn't eat till *eek* 2pm! Then while the kids napped, I cleaned up lunch and knitted and Chris went down to help his dad at the meat market for a lil bit with a few things that needed done. After a while, my eyes got heavy and I enjoyed a restful nap for a lil bit. Then...when we were all up...we enjoyed family time...talking, laughing, joking and snuggling!
Overall, it was a very enjoyable weekend! :) Well, I better get moving...the day is young and there is lots that needs tending to around here! :) I wish you all a very happy Monday and hope you enjoy each moment of your day!

This is my 700th post! How exciting is that? ;)

15 comments:

  1. Your kids look so cute. What a fun weekend.

    Congrats on your 700th post! Wow!

    I woulda SCREAMED if I saw that lil mouse..it woulda given me the heebie jeebies. I woulda been running in the other direction too. Hahaha.

    Aren't homemade fries THE B-E-S-T! Yummmm-E

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 700th post.

    The kids have grown so much since I have started reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got home from disney. I can wait to have a relaxing and fun weekend like that. 700 posts! wow I haaven't hit 200 yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...pumpkin Ice cream:) Love the pics of your kiddos and the awesome pumpkins, sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your daily life posts! I fill the same way about tiny mice and have been known to let them go as well...now if they're inside, baby or not, they're dead! :)
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! 700 posts. I haven't made it to 75 yet.

    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Makes me miss my kids who are gone for a weeks vacation with grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are adorable. I love pumpkin fest ~ we are going to one on Oct 12th. Mya said it!! I would freak out & chased it out. LOL Sound like a wonderful day! ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend Katy!!! Mouse and all!! I don`t blame you about not wanting to kill it.I wouldn`t of wanted to kill it either!
    Pumpkin icecream sounds delish!!!Yumm-o!!! Now I`m hungry for some!!
    Take care and have a blessed day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Katy! I don't even think a baby mouse could be cute. Ha! Looks and sounds like you all had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend! The pics are so cute!
    Yumm I love pumpkin icecream only had it once but it was delish.
    You did the same as me with the little mouse, they are so cute when they are little(as long as they stay outside).
    Congrats on your 700th post that is awesome!
    Hope your week is great! Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! 700 posts! Don't you just love fall activities? Looks like your kids had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you all had so much fun. 700 posts? I am at 88 ha! I will catch up with you some day! Congratulation though!!!

    Blessings to you friend,
    Linda
    having another giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great weekend! Wow, 700 posts. Congrats on such a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can come to my house and we will put on our polka dot boots and go puddle jumping!!!!!!!!! Okay, maybe I am to old for that. It was a funny thought though!!!!!! I am glad you came over to sign up for the giveaway. It would match your clothespin bag!!
    Blessings friend,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your 700th post! I stopped here on your blog because of your smile in your profile pick! After a day like this with your kids I can see why you are grinning!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy