Monday, February 4, 2008

Proverbs~A Guide To Successful Living in Christ ~Chapter 2

Good Morning! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Here is my notes and study from Proverbs Chapter 2. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on the chapter as well!!!


Prov. 2:2 "Incline your ear to wisdom and apply your heart to understanding"

God grants wisdom as a gift to those who truly seek it and He bestows understanding and knowledge. He will shield us and guard us from evil when we walk with Him. This isn't to say that we won't go through trials in our lives....but He will always take care of us and having knowledge better guards us from things that could be our downfall if we walked in ignorance.

Prov. 2:10-11 "When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul, Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you,"

Discretion and understanding are evidence of a wise woman! These things will protect and guide her from the wicked ones who do evil things. Wisdom keeps us away from evil and it helps us to stay blameless in God's sight for we walk in truth and light and knowledge.

Fear of the Lord is the foundation for wisdom, obedience and love. We must be selfless and turn to God's way. The promised results of fearing Him are:

~goodness
~riches
~honor
~right relationships
~long life
~mercy
~confidence
~God's constant attention

Wow...having God's constant attention? I can't think of anything better than that!!!

Prov. 2:20 "Walk in the way of goodness and keep to the paths of righteousness"

This is not always an easy thing to do at times...but when you feel frustrated or tempted or lost....turn to Him and He will direct you on the way you should be going! Don't lose hope!

Please share with me your thoughts on Chapter 2 of Proverbs! I would enjoy hearing them! Also....if you are just joining the study and would like to read my study of Proverbs Chapter 1...go HERE! Hope you all have a wonderful day and I will be sure to share that bread recipe I mentioned in THIS post soon!

3 comments:

  1. I really am enjoying your commentary on proverbs.
    keep up the good work, sweetie. I'll be reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading those promises is breath-taking! Thank you for sharing such a profound devotion.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading with you...and very much enjoying your study. Thanks for doing this, Katy! It's really helpful!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy