Thursday, January 29, 2015

Snow Play!


Snow is dumping on us here in Western PA. Roads are bad and the snow keeps falling. My children found this to be perfect weather for playing though and were excited to get outside to play (and Xavier to shovel. That boy loves to shovel paths!)...







A few pics taken from the warmth of the house...a bit blurry because of the screens...




Xavier....after doing a front flip into a pile of snow...


This bit of play is just what the children needed after last evening. We got a call from my mom to turn on our scanners...someone who lives on our road was in full cardiac arrest. (Chris's family, for the most part, all live around us). We turned on the scanner and heard the age and address of the person and it turned out it was right down the road (see-able from out our windows) at Chris's Uncle's house. He had a bad heart but has been treated and still going for years. He still worked and such.

I guess he was just watching the news last evening and Chris's aunt (who was in another room) heard something (I assume he fell over) and found him with no pulse. She is a nurse and called 911 and did CPR....but to no avail.

Chris's Uncle is the eldest of five tight-knit boys (men) ~  (they all live within around a mile of each other and are always doing things with and for each other). Their sweet mother is in her 90's and still doing well. This has been so hard on her and the boys.. Our hearts are so heavy at how sudden it all happened. He leaves behind a wife and his three girls (who are each married with children). He was only 65.

This will leave a gaping hole in the family...your prayers would be greatly appreciated. My husband rarely cries (I mean *very* rarely) but he shed many tears last night...as did I. My heart hurts for everyone who is hurting right now. I cried so much last night that my face broke out in hives.

Death is terribly bittersweet when the person who passes is a believer. Although Chris's Uncle is now with Jesus (which is the best place to be), we here are saddened at the loss of him. As we mourn his passing, we rejoice in knowing he is with the King. Are you sure your loved ones are followers of Jesus? He is *the* Way...the *only* Way. Share the gospel with those you love. You never know when their time will come.

Thanks for letting me share my heart. Truly, I appreciate your prayers!
Lovingly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. Oh Katy, will be praying for Chris and you and your uncle's family... So sad... Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for your family. Hugs for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family.
    May the God of all comfort hold you close in His tender embrace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Katy, I send my prayers for your Hubby and you and the whole family!
    Gods grace and strength for all of you in this time. So sorry for your loss!
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. As sad as the loss is of Chris' uncle, I'm so glad that you all have the comfort of knowing that he was / IS a believer and with our merciful savior forever! I will be keeping you all in prayer Katy.

    God bless you all ((hugs)).

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father God may You bring Your peace .... that peace that surpasses all understanding to this precious family. In Jesus name~Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear of your family's loss. I'll keep you all in my prayers. God Bless. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss!! Praying that God will strengthen and comfort you ALL as only HE can!! Looks like the kids had a great time in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss!! Praying that God will strengthen and comfort you ALL as only HE can!! Looks like the kids had a great time in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sweet Katy...I am praying for all of you right now. I know how great of loss this is. My dear sweet Mama passed 6 years ago and her presence is still a gaping hole in the family. Hugs my friend...God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so hard Katy. I'm so sorry for this loss in your family. Thankful He knew Jesus.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy