Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lately...Here at Home...


We have kept busy here at home....schooling, housework, teaching spin (me), babysitting, instrument lessons (the children) and practicing, church, cooking, shopping, working on the house addition, family celebrations etc. Typically, the winter months keep us slowed down...but the snow isn't stopping us this year! We are busy bees! I treasure naps! ;)





Madelyn has been wanting to visit the next town over to go to JoAnn Fabrics for a while. I finally agreed to drive over. While we were there, we stopped at T.J. Maxx as well. I found this fantastic lazy susan for our pens, pencils and scissors....keeping them all at our fingertips during our homeschool hours...


I did some re-organizing in the kitchen. I always feel so good after doing a "freshening up" in the house...






Oh....little Stella. She is such a hoot. She loves to sleep during the day and then run around like a crazy girl when we are all ready for bed! She's so fun and silly and I'm so glad she's here. She sleeps in the funniest positions sometimes! Here she is, between the arm of the couch and a pillow...on her back with her hind legs in the air!



What have *you* been up to lately?

Kindly,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. We've been busy with school, music lessons, having people over, shoveling snow, caring for our animals…always much going on. It's all good, but brings a healthy tired to us at night!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy time! Winter is usually our time to slow down and rest from the long spring - fall time on the farm. This year we do seem to be going more than we normally do. Though we don't homeschool we have two still in high school. They both keep us busy with planning for their futures. (one is a senior and one a sophmore)
    I love JoAnne Fabric!!!!!! I could get lost in there for hours! I would like to go and find some fabric for the new Wall Quilt I will be doing with a blog friend. Block a month for 10 months.
    Well, That is some of what we are doing + caring for the homestead.
    Enjoyed all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy