Wednesday, January 14, 2015

When it's cold outside...

 ...more time is spent *in*side!

Stella (short for Stellaluna) is settling in nicely...


Jaxson, reading the story of Stellaluna *to* Stellaluna...


Stella cuddling with X...



 Madelyn and I enjoy playing 24...



Around the house...



We have lots of glittery, cold snow outside...



Despite having a dishwasher, I still end up hand-washing a lot of dishes!


I love this picture of Madelyn. She looks so lovely and grown-up in that skirt. It's one of my favorite outfits of hers...



Oh, what is as lovely as flakes of snow
      That float through the air as the wind doth blow?!
      They settle to earth, these beautiful flakes,
      On hilltops and valleys, rivers and lakes...
Out in the country, where the snow stays white,
      It glistens in beauty, a lovely sight!
      While the city streets are soon quite a mess
      Of slush and ice; this we have to confess!
But I, dearly, love each small flake of snow
      That brings glad memories; and this I know:
      These flakes, so perfect, so pure and so white,
      Prove to us God's perfection and His might!
~Gertrude Tooley Buckingham, "Snow" (1940s)


Enjoy the rest of your week!
Cheerfully,
Katy

1 comment:

  1. Stella is beautiful...I love having kitties around. We have 2 and there is nothing like their snuggles and purrs. Enjoy her! :) Blessings from Wisconsin...Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy