Thursday, September 25, 2014

Preparing for this year's....


The 11th Annual Fall Festival that my in-love's host at their place is coming up this Saturday! We are praising God that the weather is to be beautiful! We have been busy getting ready....


Fixing some of the indoor signs (my mom did it ~ I just helped erase what needed changed!)....




Making apple cider...







....and bottling it....


This year we are even offering pints!


My sister painted on some of the smaller pumpkins to sell...


My mom made some signs...


We've been busy the past few nights (and tomorrow night as well) getting things set up for our vendors....we have over 80 spaces with vendors this year!!! It's amazing!


The sign I made...


The backhoe was needed to move some things (that's my honey in there!)....




We'll have mums for sale...


And pumpkins too!


Chris, my mom and I were busy measuring out spaces and marking them for the 70+ vendors! We walked through this field a lot this evening! Everyone else was keeping busy as well...lots to get done!



Below is the hay maze they set up for children. There will be horse-drawn carriage rides, pony rides, a petting zoo, food, vendors, meat specials in the meat market, cider and more!!!


We are hoping and praying for a beautiful day! We feel so blessed for the way the festival has grown through the years! It's so hard to believe we started this when Madelyn was two. I feel like that just can't be true...but everyone says it is so! :)

I plan on taking photos on Saturday...but I will be super busy as well. If you are local, I hope you will stop by! It should be a *great* day, Lord willing!

Warmly,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. How exciting! Wish we were close enough to attend. I've always wanted to make our own cider, looks like a lot of work, but a wonderful outcome! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun Katy. I hope you have glorious weather for the festival.

    Wishing you a blessed weekend,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I love that you actually have the festival on family grounds! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it is going to be lots of fun! I hope you are blessed with beautiful weather. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful festival you all have planned!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. So. Much. FUN!!! What talented people you have in your family, Katy! Your sign is beautiful as is your Mom's printing on that blackboard. Your sister's pumpkin faces are too cute. Have a GREAT time!! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your blog. Sure wished I lived near you to be able to attend your festival!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy