Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Glimpse Through the Week...



I have been down with a head cold this weekend. I am not sure where I picked it up...but Madelyn had a bit of it as well. It's not fun...but I am hoping it wears off soon. I am going to attempt going to spin tomorrow morning (and hopefully sweat out the germs). Although, this weekend I have been sleeping in until after 6am...which for me is terribly unusual. My body must need the rest!

With this extra down time, I thought I would take a few minutes to share bits from our week...


Xavier and I mowed at my Great-Aunt Jo's earlier in the week while Madelyn and Jaxson played tic-tac-toe...




Playing frisbee...


Playing with Lee...



You can see in this picture below how Lee is really a black/brown striped cat (but from a distance appears to be black)...


Home...



 Some yard sale finds (including blank calendars...which I thought would be fun for the children to number and decorate for the upcoming year!)...




 Smaug (the dragon from The Hobbit movies) made by Madelyn and Jaxson....


I think they did a fantastic job with it...don't you love the imaginations of children?


More from home (my favorite season is about here...autumn!! I love pumpkin, cinnamon, spice, vanilla type scents)...



I am hoping to kick this cold soon so we can jump into the new week with all our energy! There is schooling to do, lawns to mow, childcare (we are watching the young son of friends of ours during the week), housework, knitting, wood to stack...and the list goes on! Not much time to be down with a head cold...so off I go to get some rest.

Thank-you, so much, for dropping by! I always look forward to the comments and emails you each send! :) One negative thing is all the spam I get through "anonymous" commenters...but oh well. I have never quite figured out why people want to take the time to create spam bots...I mean, what really are the point of them (other than unkindness and annoyance?). I have thought about taking the anonymous option away from the comments...but many of you legitimately comment under anonymous so I hate to take that away. So, for now, I will continue on deleting all spam!

May your day be filled with sunshine and smiles!
Kindly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Blessings Katy.... Hope you're feeling well soon....nothing worse than a cold but worse when its warm out.... Love visiting your home.... Lee is adorable....

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also have head colds! (I'm in Western Pa) Loved the Lego creation! :-) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful glimpses of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers been sent up for you dear friend that the head cold will go away and you will start feeling better soon. Lee the cat is oh so cute and seems so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you have not been feeling well. It really isn't fun to be sick! :( Hugs to you....Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy