Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Slow & Quiet Day...

It rained today...and we decided it was a good day to just be lazy. Sure, we still did chores and necessary things (like practicing instruments etc.)...but mostly, we watched videos/documentaries to remember the events of September 11, 2001. My boys were not yet born....and Madelyn was only two months old. What a scary time that was for this new mama....

Madelyn and I have done some knitting. The boys have put together legos and supper is in the oven. Later this evening, Madelyn will play the piano and Jaxson the guitar at a local assisted living home. I need to get supper finished...but before I do so, here are a few things to hopefully make you smile, as they do me! 


My boys....oh, how they make me smile...a lot! Although they are definitely making my hair turn gray much sooner than I had hoped, they are also *such* a joy in my life!



Below is a card Madelyn  made for me when I was under-the-weather. She was actually not feeling well herself but took the time to make *me* a card! Isn't she thoughtful?


As the temperature drops, my time spent knitting goes up! Hooray for getting things accomplished!




Another *must* during the fall months (I decided long ago that autumn starts on September 1st...not a day later!) are candles....the scents and look of the flickering candles against an evening atmosphere brings me such happiness!



As supper cooks in the oven (and smells delicious)...I realize I must get the rest of the meal ready to go as well! :)

I pray your day has been a time of remembrance in whatever way works well for you. For us, it was slow and quiet. Thank you for taking time to stop for a visit.

With a quiet and grateful heart,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day to me! I love your knitted washrags. Someday I will learn how to make them.

    My oldest was not quite 1 year old yet on Sept 11, 2001. I do remember it like it was yesterday, and so hard for me to believe at first. That kind of stuff "only happened in the movies." What a tragic wake up call.

    It's not slow and quiet here, well not so much anyway! We're preparing for a birthday party for our kids on Saturday. Our kids are excited! We invited a few homeschool families and a few family members to come swim and eat. Our kids will be 10 (tomorrow!) and 14 on Sept 22.

    I wish autumn started here on Sept 1. Instead we are heading into the triple digits starting Monday. I am *not* excited! ;-)

    Blessings to you and yours!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Katy...I remember well that morning thirteen years ago!! Emma was six months from being born and the boys were little...it was a sobering time. However, what a precious blessing to know that the Lord is in control of all things...and, He was not absent on September 11th. We draw such comfort from these truths as Christians, don't we? Your knitting looks lovely and candles make everything welcoming and cosy. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the slow simple pace at your house!! I totally love how you have your house decorated!! I find so much comfort and love when I visit your blog. I too love candles and Fall!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katy, I have been blessed to be a part of this amazing journey called life. And yes He is in control! I am hoping to write you soon as I have been thinking of a few things that I want to share with you!
    I love that you have a sound gospel and you know the Word!
    Things are changing so fast or I am moving slower!
    I send a big hello!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy