Thursday, March 20, 2014

The First Day of Spring & The Academic Fair

 So today marks the official "first day of spring"...unfortunately our weather did *not* get the memo! It's cold and we have a (thankfully minimal) covering of snow on the ground. I am so ready to mow the grass, see the flowers bloom and breathe in that beautiful warm breeze. It's coming....I keep reminding myself that before I succumb to the winter blues!



Another positive thing to note is that the days are longer! I am loving having the light last later! My body still has not adjusted completely to the time change though! I am used to getting up at 4am...but now my body gets up at 5. I suppose, since it is light out later, I am staying up a little later too...so I guess it all evens out! ;)


I'm still loving candlelight when the darkness sets in.


My children really make me laugh sometimes! Madelyn and Xavier needed to reach something up high and this was their solution...


Jaxson is really enjoying his guitar lessons. He loves to practice...



 It's almost been a week since my last post. Sometimes I just can't form words to make a post...and other times, we are just so busy that I don't really set aside the time to post (as it can be quite time consuming depending on how much there is to share!). Today I am kinda combining two posts into one! ;)

So, lately, we have been working on schoolwork, housework, running errands (the usual) as well as co-op class days, an academic fair, visiting with friends etc.

Madelyn participated in our homeschool co-op's Academic Fair this year...


She even did a little presentation on it. She did a great job! She looked at the audience and spoke well. I was so proud of her (she can get shy in front of a large group so I was so impressed how confident she seemed...although she told me later how terribly nervous she was!)...


Here are some of the other displays some of the children did from the co-op. I was so impressed with all of them! They all did such a GREAT job! (There were actually probably 25 or more displays! I didn't get photos of all of them!)...





My boys were there too, although they didn't do a display this year...they did go around and check out all the other displays and learned quite a bit! Xavier *loves* having those braces off...


One display was the History of Legos and the kiddos who did it brought more legos for children to build with. They had a competition for who could build the best lego creation...


If you are a homeschooling family I really encourage you to seek out a local co-op. Ours is a Christian co-op that meets about twice a month. I have made some of the best friends there..as have my children! You grow to love each and every person there...it's like a family. It makes homeschooling fun and gives us some great opportunities...like this Academic Fair for instance. Next week, we are going on a field trip to an environmental learning center (admission: free!! Only have to pay for gas to travel there!!). We have a performance night that all of my children are involved in and even a graduation ceremony for the seniors! It really is such a blessing! Are you part of a co-op? If so, what do you love about it?

Thanks so much for visiting me here today! I need to get moving. We have schoolwork to do...as well as some chores. Then later, we are meeting up with my sister and her girls who are coming to town for a visit! A busy, enjoyable day to be sure! :)

Happy First Day of Spring friends!!

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

2 comments:

  1. Happy spring to you all.....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Academic Fair looks like a lot of fun as well as educational. What is it about Spring that makes me so hopeful? Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy