Friday, March 7, 2014

Family Time


The days are always so busy...daddy at work, the children doing schoolwork with me, housework, errands etc. The evenings are wonderful when we get to spend it all together as a family (although, there are many times Chris has to work late for my dad or his dad and we don't always get to enjoy moments together before bed. I make sure we really enjoy it when we *do* though!).

I am sad to think that most families don't sit down at the table together very much anymore. We try to make this a priority for us. I think it is so important for a family to sit, pray, eat and fellowship together. We don't do many extra curricular activities because time together is precious to us. For us, running to different events each night just takes away from the little time we all get to be together. I'm not saying involvement in activities is wrong...I just know that for us, this is how we keep our family unit strong.

Luckily, for me, I educate our children at home so I get to be with them often. Chris works outside of the home to provide for our family (he takes such good care of us!). So, time with him is treasured by me *and the children*. Saturdays have been spent getting wood for the wood stove together (not our favorite way to spend time together...but necessary!) Sundays are for church (worship, learning and fellowship) and family time! :)

Xavier took a little cat-nap after a busy day...


Jaxson is now taking guitar lessons. He likes to practice strumming...



For Chris's birthday, the children and I bought him a Duck Dynasty Redneck Wisdom Board Game. Oh my goodness, I was laughing so hard. I knew nothing. I just guessed (which were completely wrong too). Chris did fantastically (and won...of course). The children knew a few of the trivia/quotes.



The answer was on the tip of his tongue....Here Chris is in deep thought ;) ....


My mom was running some errands that evening so my dad came out for supper. While Chris, X, Madelyn and I played the game, Jaxson strummed on his guitar for Pop-Pop for a while!

I love time with my family. I love to take pictures and post them here to save them. Hopefully I can update my blog books soon and get some of my more recent years of blogging printed. The children, especially, love looking through them. That gives me such joy! 

I am also happy to report that today, the sun is shining!! The skies are blue and the rays from the sun are warm. The air is still cold though (and there is still a good amount of snow covering the ground). I am optimistic that spring is just around the corner though. It simply must be....I long for that warm air, more sunshine and the ability to hang my clothes out on the clothesline in the breeze! I am also looking forward to mowing my lawn and going for walks/runs. 

Are you looking forward to spring? 
How are you making sure you spend lots of quality time with your family? 

I hope your weekend is bright and full of joy!
Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead this weekend!

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth.
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything.
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about family time, dinner is our special time too! We can talk and fellowship forever :) it's easy to lose track of time. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel blessed that we are able to enjoy evening meals together most nights. Last night it was homemade pizza and my oldest 23 stopped by. It's a happy time when all of my children are together.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    P.S. Hand the camera to your hubby and get into some photos for your babies! I wish I had more photos of my mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post, belated birthday wishes to your hubby chris. Spring has almost arrived here, i am drying laundry on the line and am working in the garden planting bulbs! :) I find the digging a little difficult as we have clay soil and its to heavy on the spade but tomorrow louie is going to help me. Katy i loved the mrs meyers products, i have just re-ordered some more dish soap and multi purpose cleaner, i just do not want to run out. Wishing you all a happy, productive weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper time has always been "sacred" in our home too. When our oldest was in Jr. & Sr. high school, he thought our family was weird because we were the only people he knew who ate at the table and / or ate together at the table.
    Now that he's an adult, he reflects on family supper time with fondness. He says that family meal time will be a priority when he marries and starts a family.
    It is so refreshing to find younger families embracing the family meal hour.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. your babies are growing up so fast..wow...
    have a great rest of the weekend..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy