Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring is Coming!


We had some almost-spring-like days earlier this week. Most of the snow melted and you could be outside with a lighter jacket on! It was glorious! Unfortunately, the past few days have come with a drop in temperature and some more snow....I am encouraged though because weather forecasts say warmer temps will be coming back. The snow *will* melt and spring is coming!


I have started some spring cleaning (although I don't feel I can totally get into it until the warmer temps are here to stay and I can open up all the doors and windows and let that fresh air in!). I have been scrubbing nooks and crannies that tend to get ignored through the winter months.

I am keeping everything I do scheduled in my planner. I love writing everything down. I feel like I won't forget things then. That way, I am not up at night stressing over things I have to do the next day. I know I have it written down and that all will be accomplished when it should....


Along with some other books I am reading, I am also reading this little one: The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness: The Path to True Christian Joy. I find that the more I focus on "improving" myself and trying *not* to be selfish, I end up spending even more time thinking about ME. This is not right. This is not how I want it to be! I think I need to focus on Christ and have more self-forgetfulness. This book seems to help explain just that!


We let Pearl run out and about on one of the nicer days. She always wanted to be right where the children or I was!


Notice behind her that the snow *was* melting....


A few of the girls were out and about scratching around...


We're getting a good amount of eggs again each day from the hens. Nothing beats farm fresh eggs!

I've gotta run. The kids are coming in from doing their chores...so next is breakfast and then we gotta hop on the schooling bandwagon. Xavier has an orthodontist appointment later this morning, so it kinda throws our day off but that's the beauty of homeschooling! :) You can get your day thrown off and it's okay! Hope your day is great! :)

Kindly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

2 comments:

  1. very much looking forward to warmer weather, tonight, single digit windchills again! today was 40 and cold winds, but still the birds sing and the daffodils have begun to bloom! blessings Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy, I loved that book title! My sweet Hubby just took me to the Christian bookstore and I picked up a new Bible study called Perplexing Proverbs.
    We are also getting 10 or more eggs daily. I just got back from a wonderful visit with my daughter and four grandchildren and #5 on the way :o)
    Praise God for all His seasons, but I love Spring best of all!
    Blessing Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy