Monday, February 10, 2014

The Joys of Children


You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  

~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762


El and Dinah (and their mama too!) came for a visit one day this past week! We loved having them here! Unfortunately, sweet little Dinah-girl took a tumble on the floor between my dining room and kitchen (there is a small lip on the floor that she has walked over many, many times with no trouble before...but that day, she caught her toe and fell forward). It was so sad to see her hurt. You can read more about it (and see photos) HERE.


My sister ran into the store...I took these photos while she was gone. Xavier went with her which is why he is not in the pictures!



Creative play is like a spring that bubbles up from deep within a child.  

~Joan Almon



Eloise's hat I made her previously...hanging with her coat in the dining room...



I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, 
who are so fresh from God, love us. 

~Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop



I so enjoy having nieces and nephews! Oh how they add to the joys in our family! I can't imagine life without them! 

***I don't always include photos of all my nieces and nephews because I don't have permission to post the pics on the web...and I don't want to do that if their parents are not comfortable with it. :) My sister has a blog and I know it is okay with her to post photos...so thus you get to see an awful lot of my nieces!

Hope your February is warmer than mine is here in PA! :)
Counting down the days until spring,
Katy 


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth.
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

2 comments:

  1. Hello Katy, I have had fun crafty these last few weeks, making Valentine's cards!
    My grandson is making a card for his Mama now :o)
    Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day dear friend...
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all beautiful children, your family is blessed!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy