Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs ~ THM

Here is a great recipe I found and tweaked to my own liking (and to be Trim Healthy Mama friendly)! I hope you will try it out and let me know what you think!


Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs ~ S

You will need:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg
2 T olive oil
garlic, salt and pepper to taste
1 T worcestershire sauce
Joseph's pita (ground up in a food processor to make bread crumbs)
mozzarella cheese (cubed and grated)
on plan/no sugar sauce (I used Walmart brand pizza sauce)

Prep:

Put your ground beef into a large bowl. Add egg, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce,  and pita crumbs and mix it all together with hands. 

Make good sized meatballs...adding a cube of mozzarella cheese inside the middle of each and covering to seal. Place on greased baking sheet and cover each with a couple tablespoons of sauce. Bake at 400* for 35 minutes (or until meatballs are cooked through).

 For the last 5 minutes or so, sprinkle grated mozzarella on each meatball and let melt while in the oven. 

Serve with your favorite non-starchy veggie (I love steamed broccoli with butter and some cheddar cheese!).



I would love to hear if you try this and what you think of it! My family loved it! :) 
Happy Cooking!
Kindly,
Katy
It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

1 comment:

  1. this sounds wonderful, my fellows will love it!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy