Friday, February 21, 2014

Reaching a Goal


I am so excited to share with you all that I am reaching one of my goals. When I started spinning a year and a half ago I made a goal to one day become a spin instructor (as well as lose weight). I lost the weight (although I still have more I'd like to lose) and right now, I am in the midst of classes to become a certified spin instructor at our local Y! I am over the moon! By the grace of God I am getting healthier all the time and doing things I never imagined I would. It is *such* a blessing! Praise God from Whom *all* blessings flow!

It takes prayer, a conscious decision to exercise and choose the right foods, and lots of hard work. I find that being healthy isn't just about being *thin*...it's about honoring God in the choices I make. I still have pounds to lose but crossing this mini-finish line is so exciting to me! :)

For fun, you can see how I organize my gym bag HERE.


Thanks for sharing in this journey with me! 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats Katy! My cousin that babysit for just became a spin instructor. I saw how hard she worked so I know what it took for you to achieve this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy that's so so awesome! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does your diet currently look like? What's a typical day of meals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I have lost a bit over fifty pounds in the last year. I feel so much better. I've a long way to go, but I already am enjoying some benefits.

    I'd love to see some photos of before and current.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I have wanted to try spinning for a while but feel too intimidated. How hard was it to get started?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy