Friday, February 7, 2014

Always Learning



Today I am recovering from one of "those" days that I had yesterday. You know, the ones where you are reminded how imperfect and selfish you truly are...? Everything just seemed to go "wrong" yesterday and I was quite glad when I could slip into my fleece sheets and quilts and call it a night.

I kept praying, "Lord, what are you trying to teach me?"...and I think it was many things...first of all being my weakness and His strength. I learned humility as I apologized to my husband and children for being so grumpy. And...the truth is that we live in an imperfect world of trials and tribulations (of all sizes) and we need to learn how to deal with those in a godly way. Bad days point me to His Word and remind me how much I need Him and His truth.

 It's been a busy day with spin early this morning, schoolwork, some housework and then visiting with my sister and her girls. I think this evening will focus on rest. I have some knitting to work on...with the foot of snow outside, I am quite happy to curl up in a chair with an afghan to work on my knitting and watch a movie tonight. This past week has been busy (and my Chris has been so busy working his normal job plus helping at his family's meat market since his dad had to get his appendix removed unexpectedly this week...Poor guy hasn't had much of a break lately...plus, our wood supply is running dangerously low so this weekend will have time spent out splitting and stacking. I'm so thankful for his heart and work ethic!)



Tea time for Madelyn and Jaxson...




Xavier practicing his banjo...


Some of my recent reading...


Are you learning some things lately? If you want to, I would be so glad to read what the Lord has been teaching you lately as well....whether in the comments or email! It's always a joy to hear from you. I hope that if you are having as much snow as we are here in PA that you are staying warm and cozy indoors (and bundled up well when going out!). Have a good weekend friends!

Warmly,
Katy



It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything.
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

2 comments:

  1. We all have "those" days. We must try to trust in the Lord with all our heart, and lean not on our own understanding. In all our ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct our paths .Proverbs 3: 5~6

    It helps me most to be watching for His soon return .... what a blessed hope it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I needed this today. I'm currently in India visiting my husband's side of the family, and it can be a hard place to be if you're not at all use to it.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy