Sunday, February 9, 2014

Crafting with Jaxson


My Jaxson loves to make things. All three of my children do honestly...each in different ways. Madelyn loves to do *any* crafting...paper/jewelry/painting/sewing/knitting etc. Xavier loves to *build*...he likes to use tools and wood (or anything he can find) and put something useful together. Jaxson loves to use his imagination and recreate things he loves out of paper.

He made a hobbit house out of paper and I helped him decorate it with a cobblestone walkway, flowers, bushes and a window.


He made the hobbit hole so you can flip the top over and look inside. We only worked on decorating the outside though, this time.


Then he was determined to make Smaug (the dragon in The Hobbit movies). He made the body while I quickly made up a head for our dragon...


A completed fire-breathing Smaug...with moving wings and everything!


We both loved spending this time together. It was just a simple time of crafting but Jaxson thanked me for doing it with him. That made my heart happy. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the days....making sure our schoolwork gets finished and the home tidied. There are errands to run and chores to do....but it is really so enjoyable to slow down...put all other things aside and just spend simple time doing something with your children. It will truly be time you treasure! 

It's Sunday and normally, I would be at church already with my family. However, today I stayed home...I'm just not feeling 100% today and needed some down time. I am not going without a sermon today though...for I am listening to Voddie Baucham's newest sermon: HERE. I also plan on listening to John Piper's sermon: Don't waste your life. I will miss seeing my church family today...I truly adore them all. Corporate worship is beautiful as well as the fellowship with other believers.

I must admit though....winter makes me want to hunker down (even more than usual) and not leave the house. I think I could just hibernate. And yet, at the same time, watching the snow delicately fall outside... there is beauty in it. It gives a sense of peace and comfort...and brings out praise for God's beautiful creation...and gratitude for the warm home He has given us. 

I pray your Lord's Day is full of love, grace, joy, peace and most of all....Him. 

Lovingly,
Katy   


“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there. The gospel is not a way to get people to heaven; it is a way to get people to God. It's a way of overcoming every obstacle to everlasting joy in God. If we don't want God above all things, we have not been converted by the gospel.” 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a quiet Christ filled day! :) your post was lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy