Friday, March 8, 2013

With Grateful Hearts...

 ....we were able to celebrate another beautiful year of this man's life...


Oh, how thankful I am for my husband. I truly treasure him...and I know he treasures me too and that gives me such joy! 

After our homeschool co-op day on Monday (after driving 90% of the way home and then realizing we forgot a few things and had to turn around and go back again...ugh!)...we headed to my dad's garage to surprise Chris with a mini-birthday party. His parents were able to stop in and then my parents were already there...and the guys Chris works with too. My mom got a cake (I ate light yogurt instead), we sang and gave him his gifts (Chris is totally a "this is just any-other-day" about his birthday sort-of guy). He didn't expect us to make a big deal out of it...but we all enjoyed doing the "unexpected". :)



The children always have fun while we are at the garage...



It all went well and I think it made Chris feel loved. And that he is ~ loved. Deeply, deeply loved. I praise and thank God for him continually. Such a balance we are for each other! Isn't it beautiful how God puts two (completely) different people together to make *one*? Marriage, as difficult as it can be at times, is so beautiful too. It's a joining of two people who vow to do the best by the other person for the rest of their lives. It is one of the best ways to tackle selfishness...for one cannot be happily married if they put themselves first. Chris takes such good care of us, selfless and caring...I pray I reflect this behavior on him as well!

“A married person does not live in isolation. He or she has made a promise, a pledge, a vow, to another person. Until that vow is fulfilled and the promise is kept, the individual is in debt to his marriage partner. That is what he owes. “You owe it to yourself” is not a valid excuse for breaking a marriage vow but a creed of selfishness.” 

~ R.C. Sproul
 

Thanks for sharing in our celebration with us here! Wishing you all an enjoyable, Christ-honoring weekend ahead!


♥ In loving kindness,
  Katy



It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
Jesus is everything. 
He's not just first in the rank, He is everything.
~Paul Washer


4 comments:

  1. i hope chris got our bday card!
    -Nen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful that you tell the world, on how much you love your hubby. I can bet your each others best friend!
    Have a wonderful weekend dear Katy.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your husband!
    Check out my giveaway :)
    http://stylewithoutstyle.blogspot.com/2013/03/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaawww happy happy birthday to him!!! So special!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy