Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Close to My Heart

 Just some things I would like to put down ~ ink to paper (so to speak) ~ so as not to forget (as can so easily happen over time)...

Warm lamp-light in the kitchen after the sun has gone down for the day and night has wrapped it's cover over us...


Below are gifts from Grammie (and Pop-Pop) for the children. They are beautiful books and much-loved and well-poured-over. (We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of The Hobbit DVD that we had pre-ordered...which should arrive soon!)...


This little guy is absolutely tuckered out! Xavier, after a busy morning of homeschooling, chores and time playing fell asleep just like this! 


Pistachio pudding pie...a *green* treat on St. Patrick's Day...

A yummy snack...

Eggs, eggs and more eggs! We are planning on purchasing some more chickens as well...so we will get even more eggs! They are such a great, healthy, protein-filled, natural food! My family loves them! Here are some drying...after getting a good washing by me after being brought in from the coop...


Mornings spent doing schoolwork...

 And...in Madelyn's case, time snuck in to knit whenever she possibly can!


Jaxson focusing on some language arts...


Jaxson, photo-bombing a picture of Xavier!


Even though today is the *first day of spring*, our weather hasn't gotten the memo! We still have super-cold temperatures and snow. The snow is rough and has a layer of ice on top of it...so playing out there isn't really possible for the children. The Legos get a lot of play-time during these long winter months...



It's so easy to let the little moments slip by and once they are gone...you can't get them back. I am so thankful for photos and memories that can be tucked in the mind (and blog books) to pull out another day and reminisce. 
The 5K I am running is coming up this Saturday. I am really hoping for it to be a nice day (and for the snow to be melted!)...but I'll take whatever God gives me! I am nervous but looking forward to it. I will be sure to post about it at some point over the weekend, hopefully. I know my posting has been much more sporadic than it used to be....it may pick up over time...or stay the same, I'm not sure. One thing I *do* know is that I like to be able to have a place to record these times at home with my family! 
Meatloaf, baked potatoes and a veggie are on the menu for supper tonight. The house smells delicious! I need to begin getting the table set and things ready for our meal! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)
Warmly,
Katy
It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, He is everything
~Paul Washer

18 comments:

  1. a lovely post, the children look so precious, I am very proud of you (even though we have never met)! I hope the race goes so well for you! You are a very good encouragement to other Christian ladies. Esp. me! Have a great week Katy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie! I hope you have a lovely rest of the week too! :)

      Delete
  2. Many of the pictures of your children made me smile. The warm glow of the light in the kitchen looks very inviting. Mother Nature forgot it was spring here also. The wind is bitter today and I hear snow is heading here Sunday. I am trying hard to be content and keep telling myself soon the warm days will be here.

    Best wishes on your race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendi! I hope it warms up for you soon (and for me too). The snow is getting a bit depressing! ;)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the race. I will be thinking of you!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look soooo good with your weight loss and you were beautiful before also! can you tell me the name of the eating plan you are using? and, a typical day's menu...are you eating the meatloaf with everyone else? sounds so good!
    kay(a faithful reader :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not using any certain eating plan :). I just keep track of my calorie intake. I keep track of my eating on myfitnesspal.com (it's free!). I don't always eat what everyone else does...but yes, I ate the meatloaf today. I weighed out 4 oz. of it! I had a baked potato with no butter and some corn as well. :)

      Thank you for your kind words!!!
      Warmly,
      Katy

      Delete
    2. Hi Katy,

      I have found that counting calories also works best for me when I've needed to loose a few pounds.

      Loved all the photos - thanks for sharing them with us.

      Mrs.B

      Delete
  5. Hi Katy, I loved seeing your eggs we are getting about ten a day. I am so glad for the fresh eggs! I do love my girls :)
    I am so amazed at your daughters knitting skills.
    I would love to sew you an apron one day and as soon as I can get one made up just for you, I am gonna get it mailed to you.
    I have so blessed to just be a bloggy friend. It's like you want to know that you have a real person on the other end :)
    It is a cold start to our Rocky mountain spring also.
    Blessings and God speed on the race! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Roxy, how kind of you! I am a huge apron-lover!! :)
      So glad to hear you are enjoying your eggs as well...such a blessing, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your run. You have always been so good at recording your family and photos. Beautiful memories made to treasure in the years to come. When my son was killed last summer I sadly realized there were so few photos of him. He was in school and working leaving little time those last month's. I had no recent photo of him and I together. Moms are the picture takers and our left out so often. Gets lots of you with the kids. Blessings! Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lara, Your words made me choke up...how right you are. We need to take lots and lots of pictures and make sure we mamas are in them too! Thank you for that reminder! xo

      Delete
  7. Katy,

    Have a wonderful race!

    Thank you and Primitive Homestead for the reminder to take photos. So much of our lives go by with lots of memories made but no recording of it for the future.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be thinking and praying for you this Saturday as you run your first 5K. Hopefully we'll have some warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is those little moments day to day that I cherish! Thanks for the reminder to take photos of those. I try to do that, but sometimes days slip by. I should post about those more.

    Have a great race! It's COLD here today!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy, I truly love your blog, I look forward to each post. I find God working through you greatly through your posts by making me want to be a better wife and homemaker. I also have questions about how you started your beautiful blog. I have felt nudged? to possibly start my own to reach out and mentor and just share the beauty of life! Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy