Tuesday, March 12, 2013

O My Soul...

Praise the Lord!

Praise the name of the Lord,
give praise, O servants of the Lord,
 who stand in the house of the Lord,
in the courts of the house of our God!
 Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good;
sing to his name, for it is pleasant!1 
For the Lord has chosen Jacob for himself,
Israel as his own possession.

For I know that the Lord is great,
and that our Lord is above all gods.
Whatever the Lord pleases, he does,
in heaven and on earth,
in the seas and all deeps.
 He it is who makes the clouds rise at the end of the earth,
who makes lightnings for the rain
and brings forth the wind from his storehouses.

~Psalm 135: 1-7 (emphasis mine)


My soul praises God for all He is, has done, will do and is doing! What a treasure it is to know that I can cry out and know that my Abba, Father knows and hears me. His love amazes me...and baffles me. How He could ever love sinners enough to send His Son as a perfect payment for my sins makes my mind swim...His perfection ~ our wretchedness...and yet, He loves. I live to praise Him and enjoy Him forever. I cherish this gift and my heart cries for those who don't have it (and who don't even desire it). May we continue to seek the lost and share the gospel of Christ with them. 

I praise God for my munchkins (as well as the blessing to homeschool them...even through the difficult days!)...







My ever-faithful sidekick, Ruthie, is always close enough for a nuzzle...






It warmed up a bit here in PA...I took that opportunity to hang out some clothes, (begin to) muck out the goat stalls (although it was difficult work...finished by Chris on Saturday, thankfully!), take a run (2.2 miles....working up towards doing that 5K) and to just enjoy breathing in the fresh air!


The weather doesn't quite know what it wants to do. It's super cold, then warms up a smidge....then back to cold. We get rain, we get snow. It's quite crazy...but I am so optimistic that beautiful spring weather is *right* around the corner!

 One negative thing about spring is the wind that is coming with it. Yesterday, while out at our local feed store getting goat feed and layer pellets (for the chickens), my skirt blew up and um, made me look *very* immodest! Thankfully, the stores blinds were closed and no one else was outside except for a car going by (and my children laughing hysterically in the van). I was quite humiliated as I tried to gather my skirt and put it down in a hurry (and because of this warmer weather, I was *not* wearing leggings! Oh dear!!). As my face turned beet red, all I could do was get in the van and laugh at myself...oh how I hope the Lord covered the eyes of those people who drove by! Oh the embarrassment of it all!!!


Goat manure is awfully stinky...but works wonderfully as fertilizer for my raised garden beds!


Penny and Pearl went to the outside pen while I worked in their stalls...


We are staying busy, busy, busy around here...so much going on lately but it's good to be getting things done, helping others and being with friends and family. So, on that note...I suppose I should go...as nothing that truly needs doing gets done if I am on this computer! ;) 

Sending joy to you and yours,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
  Jesus is everything
 He's not just first in the rank, He is everything
~Paul Washer

4 comments:

  1. thats very embarrassing!!!! I'm glad you survived :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with embarrassing moments! I lol'd when you said you hoped the Lord covered the eyes of those people who drove by. =) I'm still chuckling. I live in Missouri and am impatiently waiting for spring also. It's supposed to be in the lower 60's on Thursday! I'm also looking forward to starting our garden. I didn't have a garden last year because I felt too overwhelmed with home school. I feel like I have more of a hold on it this year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of a neighbor lady we had who was on the ladder cleaning windows when the wind came up. We were out in our yard and I called out to her, "Don't sail away." It lightened the moment and soon all was forgotten. I love your ambitious children always doing something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm plating a little garden for the first time this spring.

    Thank you for your wise words and bible verses. they help my hard heart soften for the word of God.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy