Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Daughter's Heart



My daughter has a mother's heart. She loves babies and children...to care for them and play. She's my only girl and I am so glad I can call her *mine*. My life just wouldn't be the same without her. Sometimes, I fear, that I am much too rough on her...wanting her to match every expectation I have...rather than teaching and training her to the best of my ability and then sitting back to realize that God is doing the rest. He is the One Who will mold her and make her. She truly belongs to Him, not me. So...I continue being the best mother I can be (falling short way more than I like to admit) and then sit back and watch as my beautiful Madelyn grows and changes ~ maturing into a Godly woman...

We were able to spend some time at my sister's house earlier this week. Eloise and Madelyn had a lot of fun playing! Here they are giving Minnie a check-up...




That Squeezle we so love tried on the newest hat I knit her...


I love, love, love this photo (I totally plan on getting it printed out and framed...isn't it perfect?)...


Littlest Dinah was there too (I am quite surprised with myself that I didn't take *more* photos of Dinah-girl...it could be because I was holding her a lot ~ which I don't regret in the least!). Doesn't Madelyn just look like a natural here?

The week has held busyness of its own...today was a bit of a slower day, thankfully, with no where to go...tomorrow we have dentist appointments and things to do. The weekend has it's plans as well. So I have reveled in this slower day...schooling with the children in the morning, cleaning and doing housework this afternoon, a bit of reading (while the children enjoyed playing outside ~ although brisk, the sun shone brightly!), slipping a short nap in...then making homemade pizza for supper and enjoying a movie with the children. Soon it will be time to tuck ourselves into bed...snuggling down deep into the warmth of the flannel sheets and quilts. 

So glad you had the time to stop by today. I know many have asked for an updated weight loss photo...and all I have provided are head shots as of late. I will try to get a better pic taken sometime soon! 

Warmly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
  Jesus is everything
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything
~Paul Washer

3 comments:

  1. your daughter is so pretty...The baby is growing so fast, wow..
    have a blessed Friday Katy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Katy! Mothering isn't easy and find I feel the same way with Megan.

    The picture of M holding D is precious! I agree she is a natural.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy!

    Wonderful photos of family. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy