Tuesday, March 5, 2013

As the sun shines...

...I sit down to write. Oh my, I look and it's been almost a week since I posted last! Yikes! The time just goes by so quickly it seems! We have been keeping busy with educating at home, housework, splitting/stacking wood, church things, homeschool co-op, family times and general home-keeping. When we do have free time, we enjoy spending our time with each other...doing crafts or projects we enjoy! 

I have been knitting. I finished another hat for Eloise (as she has grown out of the others I have knit her in the past...which will now be passed on to her little sister Dinah!) and also a dish cloth (which will be part of a gift basket I am making)...


Madelyn has been knitting too. As I type, she is much further along on this little project than the picture shows...


Chris and the older two children spent one evening making wood-burning projects...



 It's *still* cold and snowy here...so candles and tart warmers are in their full usage at our house. There is just something so warm and cozy in the scents that fill the air when they are lit. Lovely scents can improve crabby-moods.



Whole-Wheat Buttermilk bread (from scratch, of course)...


What I have been reading...


I am *quite* looking forward to *springing* ahead this coming weekend! I am definitely looking forward to longer days (which soon turn warmer and sunnier too!). The seeds we ordered (from HERE) have arrived and I am looking forward to getting them planted. :)

Hope you are all doing well. Thank-you for coming by! I hope to post a little about healthy eating and exercise in my next post. Trying to be healthy and care for our bodies (without being obsessive) is God-honoring. It is very important to me and I would love to share some of my gained wisdom with you! :) I hope you'll come back and check it out!
Happy Tuesday!

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

6 comments:

  1. lovely post, looking forward to the next one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring post and photos. Will you share your whole wheat buttermilk bread recipe?
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you posting. I've been checking and wondered if something was wrong! LOL I always check your posts when I'm online and enjoy reading them and seeing the pictures. In the Kansas City area we also have lots of snow still on the ground but in one spot near our deck that was cleared for our little dog to use, I can see daylilies making their debut through the dirt. I can't wait for Spring! Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From scratch bread yum! I need to get up the courage to make a proper loaf and not rely on the bread machine. Love the music on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Katy, Good to see you again! We have had a snow day here today and are hoping that it is soon the last. I am ready for spring and flowers and vegetable gardens. So many plans with our new home. God's Blessing to you and yours!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you posted! I missed you.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy