Saturday, May 30, 2015

"To keep debt, dirt and the devil out of my cottage...

...has been my greatest wish ever 
since I set up housekeeping; and although the last of the three has sometimes got in 
by the door or the window, for the old serpent will wriggle through the smallest 
crack, yet thanks to a good wife, hard work, honesty, and scrubbing brushes, the two 
others have not crossed the threshold."

~Charles Spurgeon



If there is anything that is a miniature picture of heaven upon earth, it is a pair of 
Christians happily united, whose children grow up in the fear of the Lord, and render 
to them increased comfort and joy every day. Oh, how much some of us owe to the 
gospel for the happiness of our homes!

~Charles Spurgeon


Flowers are growing, the yard is mowed, the bees are a-buzzin' and my family is enjoying this warmer weather! The only negative has been gnats that love to swarm around our heads. I'm not sure why they are so bad this year. I am not a fan of bug spray but the essential oil spray I have isn't working well...so bug spray it is. It's just unbearable outside to go without it.


The rhododendron is blooming beautifully...


Jaxson was chasing Madelyn and it was so, so cute to catch on camera...



Whew! Time for a break...


Hosta growing beautifully...





My mom gave me this lovely little worn hutch so I revamped my porch a bit...



I sure do love my flowers! :)


I love to have flowers *in*side when I can too...


And this lovely bouquet was given to me by the young boy I babysat three days a week over the school year. This past Friday was my last day and his parents said he picked these out just for me!


 I hope your weekend is going well. We have had spurts of rain/thunder/sunshine...so we go out and work...then come back in and then repeat! ;) I have stuffed shells in the oven for supper along with two loaves of whole wheat buttermilk bread baking away. Now it is time to spend time with my family and then get to bed for church in the morning!

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to share photos and I know I enjoy visiting other blogs and seeing photos of their houses and such, so I hope you enjoy stopping by to see mine!

Until next time, Lord willing...

Katy

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

10 comments:

  1. Very much enjoyed your quotes and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie! So glad you visited! :)

      Delete
  2. Always a blessing to come here and see your posts... Wonderful Goodness, and girl I love your Godly Light its shining brightly... Your music with your blog is so peaceful and relaxing.. Loved the pics.... Keep posting... Have a wonderful Sunday... :) from Connie in Ky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! I appreciate you visiting and for always sharing kind, uplifting comments! :) Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. Morning Katy, Yes, I always love to come visit you in your home via this blog. Loved that quote you wrote it did catch my eye. Your new bench is so country and fits great with your country charm!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katy,

    Thank you for sharing snippets of your life with us. I enjoy the beautiful vignettes, both indoor and outdoor, that you put together - the are inspiring.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always encouraging me Mrs. B!!! :)

      Delete
  5. I love your photos. Its so beautiful to see them. The flowers, the family.
    I also love Spurgeons quote in your blog.

    I can only describe you blog in my own language with one word: GEZELLIG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you!!! :) I'm so glad you visited!

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy