Friday, June 5, 2015

"The true way to live....

...is to enjoy every moment as it passes, and surely it is in the everyday things around us that the beauty of life lies."

~Laura Ingalls Wilder


Just some of the everyday things going on around here that I am enjoying...

Xavier and Madelyn enjoying some of the Buttermilk Wheat Bread I made...


Home...


Just a *few* of the books I love...



Home...



A friend and her two little ones came to visit Wednesday...


Home...




My sweet, sweet boys...


Stella (she just loves those windowsills!)...


Our newest (and wonderfully affectionate) love, Winnie...


And this girl got glasses (which was quite inevitable considering Chris and I both wear glasses/contacts). She looks super cute in them. They just make her look even *more* grown up! I'm not sure my mama-heart can handle it!


I hope you are enjoying the everyday things around you too! :)

My sister and her girls are coming to town today (wahoooo!). I have been up since early. I need to get Chris up for work soon and make his lunch...then get the children and I ready to meet up with them! We always love seeing the girls! :)

I hope your weekend ahead is a good one! I pray that in all things, you are trying to glorify God. It's so easy to forget that, isn't it? As we go throughout our day, it is easy to lose sight of the fact that all things are to be done to His glory....how we speak to one another, what we *think*, even how we wash the dishes. I hope I can keep my focus on that today and *every* day...(and perhaps, *you* are praying that too?). :)

Thank-you for visiting! It's always so enjoyable to hear from you through the comments and email!

Warmly,
Katy
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

7 comments:

  1. I love your home. So warm and cozy. BTW-who is the author of that book Help Meet?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee Ann! :) The author of Created to be His Helpmeet is Debi Pearl. I also highly recommend "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace!

      Delete
  2. I forgot to ask-how did you get Winnie? She is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We adopted her from a rescue! :) Stella is a doll whom we adore..but she isn't too altogether snuggly (we're hoping that will come as she gets older as she is still a kitten)...Winnie is a snuggler and we are all very-much enjoying it! :) She is a year old and just as sweet as sweet can be! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post.
    It looks like Mary will need glasses too, your daughter looks so pretty.
    Enjoy this special day with your family.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle...and thank-you, also, for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy my visits here, Katy. Your home looks warm and inviting. Your girls looks lovely in her new glasses. And, yes, may we truly live for HIS glory. Always. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy