Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Normal day...

...let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow."
~ Mary Jean Iron









Spoons Chris has carved (the small one to the left was made by Jaxson)...


Chris made this spoon especially for (our BIL) Cory's birthday...


Horseshoes with loved ones (that's my Christopher in the orange!)...


Family picnic on a Sunday evening...





I was mowing and luckily, this guy took a hop before I ran him over. He hopped under the safety of this trailer bed...





This was a picture-heavy, word-light sort of post. I hope that's still enjoyable (maybe even *more* enjoyable than when I get quite long-winded in some of my posts!).

If you would like, HERE is a link to a video of my boys playing their banjo and guitar. HERE was take TWO of that...and lastly, one of Xavier playing his banjo solo HERE (watch those fingers move!!).

Thank-you for taking time to drop by! I pray your days (as *normal* as they may be) are enjoyed and even when they are not, at least make them all for His glory. That's why we live. It's the first answer to the Westminster Shorter Catechism..."The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." (For anyone new to my blog, I am not Catholic. But we, as parents, are responsible for catechizing and discipling our children.) We use THIS Training Hearts, Teaching Minds book. You can read HERE on why catechism is important for all Christian families. If you are not currently discipling your children, you should be! Please read THIS post I wrote and start training your children up in the Lord *today*! :)

"I am persuaded that the use of a good Catechism in all our families will be a great safeguard against the increasing errors of the times...the words should be carefully learned by heart, for they will be understood better as years pass."
 ~Charles H. Spurgeon

Ok, so I started to get long-winded again! Oops! Sorry about that! I'm really going now! :o)

Faithfully,
Katy

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

14 comments:

  1. May God bless you! I love to see your photos, you know it. The Westminster we have in Dutch but mostly we use the Heidelberger Catechism for home and church here in the Netherlands.

    I love your clothesline! On youtube I wrote a react. Love the videos. Here te video from my daughter (14) on guitar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ5Sv1j20M4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does a wonderful job!!!! :) Thank you for sharing that with me!

      Delete
  2. Normal days are the very best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes they are!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Katy, your normal day is absolutely lovely. The peacefulness of it all shows through in the pictures. Loved the links you provided of the boys playing! I thoroughly enjoyed all three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for listening to the boys play Dianna! I hope you are having an enjoyable week!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this post very much. Your normal day was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. I love the title of this post, I love a normal day.
    Your photo's are beautiful & those spoons wonderful.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Michelle! I am so grateful you stopped by for a visit! :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful spoons! What type of wood did they use? How did they finish them?
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura! :) I believe Chris is using apple wood....but he may use other stuff as well. They are finishing them with a beeswax mixture that Chris homemade! :) Thank you so much for your kind questions!

      Delete
  7. Where are you? I miss reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am here....posting as time allows. :o)

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy