Monday, June 22, 2015

"Show your children God's love...

...by loving them and others as Christ loves you. Be quick to forgive, don't hold a grudge, look for what's best and speak gently into areas of their lives that need growth."
~Genny Monchamp

Words of encouragement for you mamas out there. We all need it from time to time, don't we? :) The biggest source of all your wisdom, encouragement and daily nourishment of the mind should be coming from consistent time spent in God's Word. Even a busy mama can leave her Bible open on the table and as she walks by read one of the Proverbs and start memorizing it. You simply *must* be in the Word. It's vital to your life. Just as food nourishes the body, the Scriptures nourish the heart, mind and soul. Let God speak to you (through the reading of His Word) and you can pray to Him as you go through your day. Always be communicating with Him. There is always time for that! :)

“The way you keep your house, the way you organize your time, the care you take in your personal appearance, the things you spend your money on, all speak loudly about what you believe. The beauty of thy peace shines forth in an ordered life. A disordered life speaks loudly of disorder in the soul.” 
~ Elisabeth Elliot

A little of our days...


Jaxson got a remote-controlled plane and was having a lot of fun flying it! Much to their excitement, Eloise and Dinah (my nieces) were there to watch it!


 This super-sweet fuzzy-haired pumpkin was there too...




We all had a lot of laughs as this thing flew all over! It zoomed *at* us too, causing us to erupt in bursts of laughter (because although Jaxson was in control of it...he wasn't really sure *what* he was doing...so as it zoomed all over and then right over our heads and then *at* us, we were in fits of giggles ~ my sister and me especially!)...


Although you can't tell in this still photo, the girls were watching at the plane *took off* from the picnic table...


Mmm, yes. Such a beautiful thing to spend time with those girls. They just bring us all such joy! I can't imagine what our lives were like without them! :)

It's been raining here *a lot*. This resulted in my lawn looking like an amazon rain forest. Although the grass is still wet outside, the sun is out and I did some mowing today (as it is suppose to rain tonight and this week)...but then the mower ran out of gas. Our gas bins are empty as well. So, we're having some lunch, going to get some gas and then mow out at Aunt Jo's. Then we'll come back home and I will continue mowing here.

Madelyn has been a doll today. While I was out hanging a couple loads of laundry and mowing, she was inside ~ dusting, sweeping, washing eggs etc. :) Her help is truly glorious.

Before I go...(as there is much to do today and my lunch is finished and I *really* need to get going)...I just wanted to share a few photos from around the house lately.

Making homemade pizza (using the Homestead Blessings recipe)...


And here is the *fantastic* dry sink I found **on sale** for only $20! I was so, so excited and just had to snatch it up! I have this love for furniture. I need to remember I only have so much room to fit it all in my house!


Winnie-the-cat...



A peach pie that Madelyn made (while visiting at my parents' house) for Chris *for Father's Day*...


A gift from my mama...a candle within a candle. It smells like French Vanilla and I *love* it!



Sweet Stella...


Thanks so much for visiting! I gotta get going!!! The grass won't mow itself! Have a great day!

Cheerfully,
Katy
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

6 comments:

  1. Hi Katy love the words from Elisabeth elliot and your words too everything is looking nicely at your home. Love the pictures of the cats oh how I miss having a cat :) thanks for the idea of the bible on the table I think I will try it. Have a great week ahead. Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing homely pictures and yours are always delightful Katy. The peach pie Madelyn made looks so delicious! She is going to be a great homemaker and it sounds like she is a big help to you. Truly a blessing ~smiles~

    Wise words for Mamas indeed, you are a great encouragement.

    God Bless,

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. We gotta love our little homestead helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... This is my first visit to your blog and I am in love with it. Your family is beautiful. I am looking forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, popping over from Camille's blog was more than just a chance thing. I really needed to read those first words this morning. Thank you.
    Sweet photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see children playing, it brings such joy to my heart.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy