Monday, May 4, 2015

Homemaking: Spring Busyness


The days of beautiful spring are being enjoyed much in this household! I have had my planner out and kept busy working around the house lately! Housework is *so* much more enjoyable when it's nice outside, don't you think?


Stella enjoys laying in the sun by the open door...


I love to paint...but have only done so with acrylics. I decided to try my hand at oils. I am not finished with it yet, but here it is so far (I have much to improve on...but for my first go it isn't terrible)...


The chickens enjoy free-ranging in the evenings (and I love the fact that they are eating up some of the bug population!)...


The sun and breeze have been drying the clothes for me...


And if you look closely, you can see some of our seeds have started sprouting...



I found mulch (on sale!) and began covering some areas around the pathways (although you can't really see it, my hosta is growing well along the garage! You can see it in full bloom HERE.)...


One day, behind the rock wall (to the right) will be filled with dirt and flowers instead of weeds (Lord willing)...


The hosta we planted last year (around the lamp post) is growing beautifully! I am so excited to see it in full-bloom!



Below is the front of our house (it will look *much* prettier once we get to a greenhouse for some beautiful flowers to plant around!). I hope to, one day, have a "real" porch...one with a roof, with rocking chairs and a swing! ;)


My day lillies are growing in full-force (in front of the garage)! It will look amazing when they bloom! There are also a few daffodils in there...


The girls enjoying the sun and dirt...


Over the winter, the shingles (I assume) on the roof have seemed to seep some of their blackness down on the siding. I hope to get this scrubbed up soon! I am not overly excited to climb a ladder (so I'm kinda hoping Chris will volunteer)...but I'll do what I gotta do. Dirty siding is just not okay! ;)


Enjoying a bug supper...


Although the trees aren't full of leaves yet, the green of the yard makes my heart soar! :) Although the logs/wood all over the yard isn't exactly "pretty", I don't mind it. We have a good sized yard and those logs (once split) will keep us nice and toasty this winter. :)


And last, but not least, silly Stella...


I called her to come sit with me, but she decided to plop down with Chris (who never calls her over. I am thinking of calling her Snobby Stella! ;). She is quite funny with how she lays sometimes. Look at her legs...


She stretches out and just looks so funny! She had us all snickering! :)


I hope you are enjoying your spring days! I hope you liked sharing in some of ours!
Thank-you for stopping by! Until next time (Lord willing)....

Warmly,
Katy :)

Linked up to: One Project at a Time 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Spring is here!!! I love your rock walkway . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring & love seeing all your seedlings, we have lots planted too.
    You cat is so cute.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, such a beautiful home and land... and girl you are talented.. your painting is beautiful.. and I love homemaking as well... such a blessing to do.. Happy Spring and Happy Mother's Day early... from just a simple Kentucky girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute Kitty! One thing I've noticed about our cats is that they are always more affectionate towards the person who gives them the least attention! I really like your painting, I think you have a natural talent. I have to admit that nice weather makes me want to abandon as much housework as possible and work outdoors in the garden! Best wishes, Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your painting!

    We have a power washer if you want to use it for the siding. I can check with Cory since it might be his parents.... but it might be better than climbing a ladder!

    Stella looks super comfy.... bet she kept Chris warm!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy