Monday, May 25, 2015

Gardening in the *Big* Garden!

 It's that time once again...time to get the big garden planted! :) For those who may be new to my blog, we have our raised beds at home but we also plant a big garden with Chris's parents. We mostly just plant green beans and corn of our own there but we help Ma plant her things too (like peppers, peas, onions, tomatoes, potatoes etc.)...


My pretty girl...


Although I took lots of pictures...fear not! I helped too! I would run over to Ma's car (where I stashed my camera) snapped a few shots and then was back out in the dirt to help!





The children love to take bike rides every chance they get...



My boys...


Today has been a glorious day...the weather has been warm, breezy and beautiful. We have gotten a lot done outside and have been enjoying each other's company! Chris is home today from work (because of Memorial Day). I am so thankful for days such as these!

I want to take a moment before I go....to thank all those who have served our country (as well as the families of those who serve). Your commitment, courage and sacrifice to protect us are so appreciated. I can enjoy days like today because 1. The Lord grants it 2. For the freedom I have to do so because of those who fought for it! Thank-you!!!

Lovingly,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. Hello Katy,

    It is wonderful that you all live so close to your extended families. I pray your summer is filled with many more enjoyable family activities.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big garden! We do the same thing here. I have multiple raised beds right behind the house and then we also do a big garden with my parents that is between our homes. We just planted ours on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy