Monday, September 9, 2013

Gloriously Busy Days!

Our days have been filled lately...between homeschooling, family, responsibilities, and fun...there is just so much going on (I'm sure you know how it is!). We don't participate in extra things (such as organized sports etc.) and I am glad...I enjoy when we are home and all together. There is enough in life to keep us busy! We chose to keep extra-curricular things to an extreme minimum...we choose to strive for a more quiet, simple life (as much as possible). But in that simplicity...there is still enough busyness to keep us from being stagnant! ;) 

We were able to enjoy a day with these blessed girls (Oh, how I love them!)...




We don't go places too often (as everything always costs an arm and a leg)...but we did have the opportunity to attend a Dukes of Hazzard stunt show at our local fairgrounds this past weekend. We took some friends and other family with us and enjoyed our time together!

My Madelyn and Me (and yes, that is my husband giving us bunny ears...**sigh**)...


The General Lee...


Chris and his brother (such characters!)...


Dixie and Uncle Jesse's truck...





The children all had fun watching the action...


Chris and our nephew...


"Throw us a t-shirt! Please!!" (The children jumped and tried to encourage them to throw tshirts up our way...but alas, we were too high in the stands and none ever reached us!)...


Home-cleaning, Home-organizing, Home-rearranging and Home-schooling have also kept us busy!


The children's pencils, crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks, scissors and such...


*My* stuff...


Xavier, reading the Boxcar Children...


Jaxson, working hard on his math work...


Madelyn, thinkin'...



The homeschool co-op we are a part of *and love* begins this month as well. I just had a team leader meeting this afternoon, actually. We are getting all things ready for the first class day! I'm really looking forward to it as I am teaching the Keepers of the Faith class!! Such a gift, truly! It is the *exact* class I really wanted to teach! I am also in charge of the team that handles calendar, yearbook, newsletter, and attendance type things...which is right up my alley as well! :) I am really looking forward to beginning our year with them...such great friends we have all made with the beautiful people who are involved! Praise God for homeschooling mamas! 

Chris has been busy with work, as usual...and also bringing home logs (which we will split and stack for our wood stove...to keep us nice and toasty this winter!). Such a good man he is....sometimes he doesn't have supper until late because he is too busy doing things to take care of us, his family. :)

I need to go. It's late in the evening here and it's been a long day. The week holds schooling, babysitting, visiting, baby shower decorating (and attending), eye appointments, and housework. I need to make sure I can get lots of much-needed rest! :) 

I hope your days are glorious as well....busy or not! :) Each day is another gift from God. Another day where every step you take is all of grace. Another day....another moment to live to His glory and share His gospel with those around you. Lord willing, I'll be back to post again soon! 

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Hello Katy, My Grandson's would of loved seeing that race :D Well really so would of I !!
    Still very warm here but can feel a change in the air. May it just be cooler. May you enjoy your new class your teaching, it would of been my pick to teach that one also.
    I always love stopping in.
    And I think your very wise to not be involved with all that other stuff, because it keeps you away from home way to much, and it just wears eveyone out! Especially MOMMA :)
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feel the same way about extra activities. Megan is in piano for 1/2 an hour an week and that is all besides school. We have been attending some different home groups from our church the last two weeks. We aren't sure if we are going to join one as it is hard to be away from home one night a week. (homework, bath and bed for Meg eats up much of the evening)

    I like your shorter hair. The curls look very light and full. The class you are teaching sounds wonderful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to your family, a very encouraging post, the children & babies have surely grown. Hope this school year is wonderful for all the children in the co-op!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy! I'm with you on the extra-curricular activities. We keep ours to a minimum as well. I really don't like running in the evenings. I like for all of us to be home together in the evening. I recognize your Vera Bradley journal in the Folkloric pattern. I have a bag in that pattern. It's one of my favorites! Have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would LOVE that Dukes of Hazzard show!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy